Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I just tried opening some Illustrator files in XaraX - and all I get is "Internal Program Error".
    I'm flummoxed by this ... is there some special trick I need to know about? I tried both AI version 8 and 9 files. Some of them showed the image (once I had clicked out of the error box) in black and white but with bits missing.
    I have exported to Illustrator format before, no problem; and can also open Photoshop files in Xara OK. Is there some known problem with opening/importing AI files, or is it something weird happening on my system?

Cheers,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

I just tried opening some Illustrator files in XaraX - and all I get is "Internal Program Error".
    I'm flummoxed by this ... is there some special trick I need to know about? I tried both AI version 8 and 9 files. Some of them showed the image (once I had clicked out of the error box) in black and white but with bits missing.
    I have exported to Illustrator format before, no problem; and can also open Photoshop files in Xara OK. Is there some known problem with opening/importing AI files, or is it something weird happening on my system?

Cheers,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

Britta,

In my experience Xara X imports AI files saved as version 8 files from AI 9 or 10 quite well. It will not, however, import 9 or 10 files. You will note in the Xara X import File Types list that only AI 7 and 8 are listed.

Don

Thanks, Don - I hadn't noticed the restriction to AI 7&8 files ... I'll give it another go.
    Regards,
    Britta