Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: tips and tricks

I've said this before. But time to say it again.

I think our tips and tricks area is getting out of date.

I think Xara as a company should be keeping this up to date. The chat we have is greate, but it is nice to have a concise list of tips.

Any chance of another modirator picking this up?

Any views?

Turan

I've said this before. But time to say it again.

I think our tips and tricks area is getting out of date.

I think Xara as a company should be keeping this up to date. The chat we have is greate, but it is nice to have a concise list of tips.

Any chance of another modirator picking this up?

Any views?

Turan

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The tips forum from the outset only gets periodic updates. It is moderated by Thomas who works for Xara Ltd. It is my opinion that it is very desirable to continue to have xara look after that forum becauses it seems to me to be very important feedback to the software designers. No doubt, when Thomas sees an innovative idea you can bet he's making sure all at Xara Ltd. are hearing about it. So often software designers only hear about 'bugs' and gripes - this way they can hear about pleasant user 'discoveries' relatively efficiently.

Everyone should remember that Thomas requests we nominate tips we like for inclusion. The lack of recent updates could relate to a lack of nominations. Drop thomas an email with links to the tips you think should be included. When he gets a critical mass of suggestions I know he will update.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I've sent in a few tips, some time ago - the last time I raised this point.

But I have got lazy as it was not acted on.

Not a reflection on Tom. As a software engineer in my past, I konw what is is like to be busy.

While it is in Xara's interest from a good PR point of view i.e. look what our tool can do. It is even better from a user point of view as I used to look through it for something new to try. Trying to do that on a casual basis is had to do looking at the main thread.

Just my thoughts. Know you other modulators are busy too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Turan

Turan

The reasons mentioned by Ross are the reason I intiated the Tip of the Week page in the XaraXone.

I update the page weekly (sometimes weakly). If you want to send your tips to me, I can guarantee they will find the light of day in a timely manner.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg