Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In another thread, I tried to re-draw a little schoolmouse in Xara, using Xara's tools. This time I've tried to take the original, use the bitmap tracer, and then add colour and shadows to upgrade the original. Some parts, eyes for example had to be redrawn. Ovals and other shapes were used to add colour. It was an interesting attempt; not a finished product but I'm learning,I think. - Neil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Another_Mouse_Upgrade.gif 
Views:	206 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	18822  

In another thread, I tried to re-draw a little schoolmouse in Xara, using Xara's tools. This time I've tried to take the original, use the bitmap tracer, and then add colour and shadows to upgrade the original. Some parts, eyes for example had to be redrawn. Ovals and other shapes were used to add colour. It was an interesting attempt; not a finished product but I'm learning,I think. - Neil

Neil

I noticed in the recent Communication Arts Illustration Annual that in the media credits, a lot of images were scanned ink drawings with the color applied digitally. Some probably took your route while other with images with lots of enclosed areas undoubtably used Photoshop in which it is very easy to select and fill areas using the Magic Wand to select an area and the Fill Tool to fill it.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone