Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm really puzzled by this - hope someone can put me right on this problem. I use quite a few fonts with characters that need to be accessed via the numeric keypad entries (ALT+number); especially dingbats. At first I thought it was just a problem with the odd individual font ... but so far I haven't been able to get it to work at all in Xara. Is there some special trick? I'm quite desperate to have access to all the characters on my dingbats. I've checked the fonts, and there's no problem with those chars when using Illustrator or PSP.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

I'm really puzzled by this - hope someone can put me right on this problem. I use quite a few fonts with characters that need to be accessed via the numeric keypad entries (ALT+number); especially dingbats. At first I thought it was just a problem with the odd individual font ... but so far I haven't been able to get it to work at all in Xara. Is there some special trick? I'm quite desperate to have access to all the characters on my dingbats. I've checked the fonts, and there's no problem with those chars when using Illustrator or PSP.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

I dont appear to have the same problem - you are in text input when you try it?

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Ms. Bat

Is Num Lock enabled on your keyboard? If not, you cannot access the extended character sets.

Also, most extended characters start with a 0 which is critical to key in. Hence, Alt 0169 = ©

There is a freeware utility in the XaraXone Shareware Page called Character Map Pro that lets you see all the extended characters for any given font, and then you can copy and paste from CMP into your application of choice via the clipboard.

Hope is proves useful.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Gary, may I kiss your feet? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    yep, it was the NUMLOCK.
    I have never ever had to use it before, in any other app, to access those chars ...
    I'm just happy I've got all my weird dingbats in operation.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Gary, may I kiss your feet? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. You never know where those feet have been [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Glad it was something as simple as the Num Lock key.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

A nice little app, easy to use and with many possibilities can be found at:

http://allchars.zwolnet.com/

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.