Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

An opinion from a lame contributor to Talkgraphics.

I am a fearin' TalkGraphics is loosing folks in this forum. It is my belief that more of the viewers here are stimulated by postings of graphic images and dialog concerning the creation, replication, or editing of those images.

To my surprise, I did find the recent discussion about Web Templates very interesting because of the intelligent and educated replies by some very talented and experienced folks. HOWEVER, I usually don't have the time or inclination to plow through volumes of text (... unless its a Holiday and I am too broke to go out of town on trip :} and am therefore left to entertaining myself by surfing user groups).

My perception that the mix of "non-graphical" discussions is out of balance may very well be a result of X and X1 being fairly mature releases and so there are no real ground breaking insights that can be posted ... BUT I WOULD HOPE NOT.

I use X1 EVERYDAY in my job. Generally, I am still excited and proud of the results Xara produces for me, but what I create is simple, "non-artistic" presentation graphics which would bore the general public to tears. That is my feeble excuse for not tipping the balance back to earlier days of this forum.

Regards,
    A longtime Xara fan,
    John

John

What are you doing in town this weekend? :-)

Anthony has explained somewhere here, that he is in the process of migrating TG to a new conferencing software that will be a better fit and less trouble for our connferences.

This migration will be taking place soon.

So be patient. Graphics will return soon. (I hope).

Gary