Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

for the new workbooks!!! Thanks, Gary, for doing this for us!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Maybe I'm blind but didn't see any input form to tell Brian thanks for his pallet utility. Since I'm basically dense it took me quite a while to figure out how to get the pallet I created into Xara. Save as ___.pal Then import the pal file into your document. So Brian can you add that to the help file for dumb dumbs like me?

Hey Gary, the workbook exercise. to me, looks like it must have been as time intensive for you as one of the monthly tuts. Anyhow loved it and wish to thank you.

Judi

My Stuff

This is the cat's meow, the best thing since sliced bread, and definitely a winner.

I am reminded of a story, about feeding people or teaching them to fish with the result being that they will become independent, productive and full.

The workbook concept you have come up with is so valuable. When my knowledge is really limited, having someone who will share their talents, approaches, and insights for problem solving is so exciting. This unselfishness on your part and others is what makes this the preimere forum on the Internet.

I may not be expressing myself well, but so often the ideas are in my head and the techniques are just not at hand to express them.

Thanks to all the contributors with your unique approaches to the various looks and multitude of explanations to get to the end product. One last thing, its always done with a sense of humor. Included in this list would be all the moderators, Christine, Brian, Paul, Dale, RamWolff, Su, Steve, and Wolfgang just for a start.

All contributors are to be congratulated!

Phil

but we are not Moderators, just the fabulous users of XaraX and contributors to this forum and others here at TalkGraphics [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary, Ross, Egg, Sean and some guy named wAldo sLACK (who is this person anyway) moderate this and the XaraGallery, which I am most humbly grateful too for all the wonderful work and direction they provide to us all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Was a moderator who was active for a few months and then dropped off the face of the known earth.

I have asked Thomas at Xara to replace Waldo, but Thomas is up to his eyeballs in other things and has sadly neglected us here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I guess Slack should be Slack the Slacker.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I know better. The posting was meant to read as follows. Moderators plus all you other folks. Thanks for catching the error RamWolff.
    Phil

If I wanted an object to have a mercuric apperance, would it be similar to the chrome and silver ideas, in that it actually has no colour, but rather reflects whatever's around?

I've never actually seen mercury, and google searches seem to return everything but a photo of actual mercury...

Thanks,
    Lothaekor

... format was most excellent! Easy to get in to - quick to execute and remember!

Great job, Gary!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Lothaekor - Ross made some very convencing mercuy in his pretty poison post. He also included the .xar file.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hmmmm, I must be more daft than I thought. I was under the impression, a strong one, that mercury was red in coloring. Sigh.............41 years old, coming from the days when that's all thermomitors had was mercury and I can't remember. Dang it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

It's an interesting file, very "heavy" to move around. Lot's of layers or was it a blend or was it.........OH never mind [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---