Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is much like the asl check kids do at IRC. Please indulge

I use XaraX with Xara 3D4 and Photoshop for most of my work on a Celeron 633 system with 128 mb Ram and a 14" monitor. I wish I had atleast a 17" monitor.

:-)
    Q

This is much like the asl check kids do at IRC. Please indulge

I use XaraX with Xara 3D4 and Photoshop for most of my work on a Celeron 633 system with 128 mb Ram and a 14" monitor. I wish I had atleast a 17" monitor.

:-)
    Q

P3 450 ish, with 17" screen, 256K, just upgraded to Win2k

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I use XaraX, Canvas 8, Dremweaver 4 for most of my jobs, on an Athlon 600 256k RAM, 17" monitor,
    Tony
    Tony

XaraX, 3d4 & Photoshop on a AMD Duron 800, 128MB Ram, Voodoo Banshee 16MB & 19" Monitor.

PIII 1 Ghz, 512 RAM, Win2000. Used Win XP a while go, wasn't my taste, so I removed it.
    Programs: Xara X, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, Real-Draw Pro.

work - Compaq PII 450, 256 MB, 16 MB Matrox G-200 AGP, 19" Viewsonic, WIN 2000; VB6, Xara 3D4 & X, Paintshop Pro

home - Micron PIII 500, 256 MB, 32 MB Matrox G-400 MAX, 19" Viewsonic, NT4 SP5; Xara 3D4 & X, Dreamweaver, Paint Shop Pro, VB6

Main machine: P111 1GHz, 512 RAM, Win2K (about to go for XP Pro), Iiyama 22" monitor, Voodoo 5500 64 Mb video card (but changing to new ATI Radeon 8500 because Voodoo no longer in business!) Wacom Intuous tablet (with additional tools) 2nd machine P111 800 MHz, 512 MHz Ram with Mitsubishi 19" monitor and Creative Annihilator Pro 32 Mb card, otherwise similar spec (the wife uses it....she isn't getting XP!!) ADSL net connection, with router so we can both "surf".....
    Programs - well, usual stuff really - Photoshop 6, Painter 7, XaraX, Macromedia suite, PSP 7, Expression 2, Illustrator 9 (which I like very much - waiting for v10 to be delivered), plus some sound manipulation progs (Acid, Soundforge, etc.)
    My oldest drawing prog is Arts & Letters, which I bought in 1991 and was the first vector drawing package I'd ever used - I liked this, as it was so intuitive, and still use it. Unfortunately it never supported file conversion to any other file format (except TIFF), and to my knowledge no other programme supports it's native GED file format. It was recently reincarnated as Arts & Letters Express, but that isn't a patch on the original version!! Anyone else use/used it??

Chris

I didn't think anybody else had tried Arts/Letters...I loved it while I was at that level, but haven't used it for years.

I'm using a custom-built "antiquated" system: AMD K2 550, 128MB SDRAM, 6.4GB WD, 15" hand-me-down Compag monitor, with Win98 SE, CD 8.0 for my typesetting work, PSP 7 and Real-DRAW Pro for fun. The best program I've ever used is PowerDesk by Ontrack; it can take over 128MB of files and zip it down to 3 MB. Fantastic if you upload or e-mail large graphic files on a regular basis.

I think it is a pale imitation of the old Norton File Manager; this manages all the same things in a tighter footprint. It has saved finds, filtering, tailorable button bar and context menu and views. And ftp.

The sad thing is it does not seem likely to survive my move to Win2k over the last weekend. Tragedy, tragedy, tragedy!

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk