Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: almost done :)

Main reason is it fits exactly in my browser :-)

My only comment is because you have used open boxes for your bullets, I expext something to happen which I mouse over them. The look like check boxes.

Maybe you could alter the boxes to do something when the mouse is over them?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg

for all the feedback and input.

You won't believe how happy I am with your comments...

I tried to improve the site by testing all the suggestions but did not manage to do much.

John: when I selected the "icons" in Xara, converted to editable shapes, the background became transparent when exporting ...

Alan: arrow is a bit shorter now. small change but visible improvement. the adaption to other resolution is something I am not satisfied with for sure.

Nicholas, Andrew: experimenting with background colors currently and not yet sure if I change or not. I centered the whole thing and must admit I did not like the result at all.

the adaption that looks best so far is the suggestion from Nicholas to break up the title bar in 3 pieces and make it adapt to the window width.

Thanks a lot for the .css tips [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gary: the open box gets filled when the corresponding page is visible. I wont make any rollover effects as they would require code running on the client. To avoid confusion I could fill the boxes with different colors...

juergen

What editor did you use? Fusion, Dreamweaver, GoLive, etc? Or did you do it by hand?

Fusion provides excellent table structure control which for all of us graphics hacks, is phenomenal, however, it is not without its shortcomings.

Milt

This is a very good, very clean site.

It is rightly said, there is beauty in simplicity and your site hits the nail right on the head.

personally, there are a few *little8 tweaks I would make to the site if it were mine, but these are simply my stylistic choices and I will not foist them upon you.

Concerning the navigation bar on the left hand side of the screen, and the text in the small bar at the top of the screen which holds the title, I would push the text a little further in from the side to provide a bit more of a gap between it and the edge of the tables.

Apart from that, I would reccomend a 'liquid' display that resizes with the browser.

All-in-all, a very good professional looking site.

Michael Ward
    http://LeighCenturions.net