Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Klaus,

Remarkably we seem to be on the same page about this. I was attempting to point out Big business, as well as big government can dictation personal options to me and I find both offensive.

Erik,

I ‘m running Win98 and successfully ran two monitors with two graphics cards. An AGP VooDoo 3 and my old reliable Matrox Millenium II PCI card. It was straight forward and fairly obvious and I’m not a computer geek by a long shot.

Bob C.

Hi Erik. On my new machine I have a Matrox G400 which has two outputs. On the old machine, I had a Millenium 1 card as the main, and an S4 as the other, and it was fine - no trouble to set up. Some cards don't play well together, but as long as they are good quality you should be fine. I believe that if you have an AGP slot, and you put your second card in a PCI, for some reason the PCI card defaults to become the primary display card, so if you get another graphics card, it'll have to be a good one, as it will end up running your main monitor. You may be able to change the BIOS and/or motherboard settings to change this scenario - if you feel confident! It's really well worth having two screens, and shouldn't cost much - £100 for a card, and you can certainly pick up a used screen for about the same, if not less. Best of luck to you.

I have been using twinview for the past few months with a GeForce MX card from LeadTek. I like the card. I was using a Matrox G400 Max and that was a good card too, but it had limits with it's OpenGL capability. While I had sent in my G400 Max for repairs, I had 2 back up video cards in my machine to run both monitors.

At some point during one of these configurations, I had independent resolutions on both monitors with dualhead enabled. I think it was with the 2 video cards. But if memory serves me correctly, I was able to also do this with the latest Matrox drivers and the G400Max (not G450).

Good Luck

Sheff
    sheff@pixelcolada.com
    www.pixelcolada.com
    Sheff
    My Site