Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello You all,

Does somebody know what the best way is to minimize the size of a graphic? I made some small icon's for a website but when I minimize them with the selector tool I notice that not all the lines are scaled equaly. In the original size they all have the same size.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Frits
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello You all,

Does somebody know what the best way is to minimize the size of a graphic? I made some small icon's for a website but when I minimize them with the selector tool I notice that not all the lines are scaled equaly. In the original size they all have the same size.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Frits
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Frits

On the Infobar there is a diagonal line icon. This is the Scale Line Widths option. If the icon is down, Scale Line Widths is selected and your lines will scale if you enlarge or reduce your image.

If the icon is not selected your line width will remain the same when you enlarge or reduce your image.

When your line width falls below 1 pixel, Xara does its best to simulate a thinner line. But if you make the image larger so that the lines are now greater than one pixel, then may notice a difference.

Does this answer your question?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

http://www.gwpriester.com/flag.gif

Frits, is that a 256 colour GIF? Try 16 — it should slash the file size!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

That's a lot better Gary, thanks.

Peter I know that I have to use 16 colors in the final version. But thanks for the tip!

Regards,
    Frits

I suspect the problem is as Gary points out.ie. that of a line being a non integer set of pixels. In the attachment I have used a grid of 1 pixel and constructed the house using 1 pixel wide rectangles and exact pixel spacing between rectangles. You can se that this method eliminates the different "line" widths.
    Egg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host