Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Webstyle was great on 98 and win2k. Since I went to XP I can't use it any more - lots of fonts, including of the one I use for all my website titles (sanlite) cause the software to crash. If they need to put out a patch, fine - do it. At least acknowledge the problem. BUT I've been contacting support since Nov 1 - not even a single response. What did I fork out nearly $100 for? If they were a 'brick & morter' store I'd have been about to get a refund. This rots.

Webstyle was great on 98 and win2k. Since I went to XP I can't use it any more - lots of fonts, including of the one I use for all my website titles (sanlite) cause the software to crash. If they need to put out a patch, fine - do it. At least acknowledge the problem. BUT I've been contacting support since Nov 1 - not even a single response. What did I fork out nearly $100 for? If they were a 'brick & morter' store I'd have been about to get a refund. This rots.

that sux the big one!!

I use XP Pro with no problem there, in fact XaraX used to run like crap for me on Win98 and was only slightly better on Win2000 Pro. On XP Pro it's not perfect but it runs very well. Not into WebStyle but I did have some issues with their newer software release: MenuMaker (thank god it was only $19.00 for the download).

Xara Ltd. has not had a stellar record of taking care of tech support needs as most anyone in here that has contacted them in the past can attest too. That's what we are for but unfortunately I don't know anyone that uses WebStyle. Perhaps someone will come around and be more helpful to you.

Sorry I couldn't of more help! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Richard http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi
    I use xara X, 3d a little and Webstyle not at all though I have it, courtesy of a freebie on a magazine.
    Using Windows XP pro I have never had a single problem with xara software but there again i didn't have any problems with 95 or 98SE either. Perhaps I'm just lucky.
    Contacting Xara though is best done in the dark, with a group of people sitting in a circle touching hands.
    I would suggest an OS problem rather than a Xara one though in this instance.

derek

Hi BJ,
    Use Webstyle on XP and do not have any probs. Try doing a "Add or Remove Progs" and wipe it out, then do a reinstall. I know this sounds silly but make sure the font is properly installed by trying out in another programme?

I have tried many times to E-mail xara and they have only replied once. Thank goodness I live in Britain as they answer the good old fashion phone.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Used Xara since Studio days, Win 3.1. Win95, Win98, now XP Pro, had no problems with the program at any time.
    Agood stable system will run it no matter what you do in Xara and never gives trouble.
    Have a look around and see what else is running,
    Xara seems to like to run on ite own.

In a month of attempts to contact Xara about WebStyle 3 issues I have received one response (2 weeks) from tech support but no follow up. So the response was essentially worthless.

I now know that Xara was not responsible for one of the issues but I am torn about purchasing Xara X for some projects that are looming on the horizon. I am confident that memebers here can help me through about any problem (except that little issue with hygene of course LOL)

Good luck!

I wrote Nova Fisher - the Communications Director at Xara - about this thread, and she was truly horrifed to hear about this case of non-responsive non-support. She promised to kick some Xara-butt tomorrow!

You see how the world works now? You gripe in this forum, some sweet guy (like humble, li'l me) will kick Xara's butt directly, and they will then kick themselves. :-)

K
    www.graphics.com (columnist)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

... in contact with Xara Ltd. a number of times about different things and have had nothing but fast, courteous and extensive replies.

Blind luck then, I guess?!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!