Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

O Wow, Man !! Just stumbled to my computer after several days flat on my back to discover that Gary actually used my Tracer suggestions in the WebXealot.

I am deeply honored.

(been in bed because of bad back due to helicopter crash in 1968 - long story)
    Anyway, I feel a need to talk so I'll explain .... Late one PM I drank a lot of coffee and got so wired I decided that I should advise Gary on how to do the next Xealot. Now Gary has never ASKED my advice, but I was pretty buzzed, so I figured that was just an oversight on his part. I whipped out my Tracer rant, e-mailed it off and spent a few hours wondering why I was having trouble getting to sleep.
    Well, Gary is a very kind guy; and he actually sent me a "thank you" note. Now my pearls of wisdom are in full view.
    (there will be a point to all this)
    Since I AM an "Artist", and I do have a MASSIVE ego, I can be subject to the "case-of-the-big-head" syndrome. Luckily, the Cosmos has a method of keeping me in line :
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Over every person of understanding there is yet one greater.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The next day, I make two discoveries: A) There is a parallel Xara universe to this one. It's called The Xara Gallery, and it's just like this forum, only different. & B) Risto Klint, using the Tracer, drew a bird that is flat out GORGEOUS.
    I was stunned. I realized that, compared to what I was seeing, I didn't know squat about the Tracer. So, the point of all this talk is this: I want to encourage everyone to go look at Risto's bird at:

Bird(t) (The better of the three) - Main post

You will see what a tool can do in very talented hands. Regards to all (thanks for listening),,Tad
    (ps. I should mention that the helicopter crash had nothing to do with warfare, I was just trying to get my balloon off a mountain in Colorado ...t

O Wow, Man !! Just stumbled to my computer after several days flat on my back to discover that Gary actually used my Tracer suggestions in the WebXealot.

I am deeply honored.

(been in bed because of bad back due to helicopter crash in 1968 - long story)
    Anyway, I feel a need to talk so I'll explain .... Late one PM I drank a lot of coffee and got so wired I decided that I should advise Gary on how to do the next Xealot. Now Gary has never ASKED my advice, but I was pretty buzzed, so I figured that was just an oversight on his part. I whipped out my Tracer rant, e-mailed it off and spent a few hours wondering why I was having trouble getting to sleep.
    Well, Gary is a very kind guy; and he actually sent me a "thank you" note. Now my pearls of wisdom are in full view.
    (there will be a point to all this)
    Since I AM an "Artist", and I do have a MASSIVE ego, I can be subject to the "case-of-the-big-head" syndrome. Luckily, the Cosmos has a method of keeping me in line :
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Over every person of understanding there is yet one greater.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The next day, I make two discoveries: A) There is a parallel Xara universe to this one. It's called The Xara Gallery, and it's just like this forum, only different. & B) Risto Klint, using the Tracer, drew a bird that is flat out GORGEOUS.
    I was stunned. I realized that, compared to what I was seeing, I didn't know squat about the Tracer. So, the point of all this talk is this: I want to encourage everyone to go look at Risto's bird at:

Bird(t) (The better of the three) - Main post

You will see what a tool can do in very talented hands. Regards to all (thanks for listening),,Tad
    (ps. I should mention that the helicopter crash had nothing to do with warfare, I was just trying to get my balloon off a mountain in Colorado ...t

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Re: parallel Xara universes. Tad makes a good point that there are other xara-related forums. Although most visitors of this forum are probably already aware of the other forums at talkgraphics.com, I am sure that many aren't. Everyone should do themselves a favor and click on the talkgraphics.com logo at this page's top left and see what is offered. In particular, don't miss the Xara Gallery! It has countless great images and 'talk' about the thinking and techniques behind them.

Regards, Ross

PS - Tad there are many great threads in the Xara Gallery that feature the tracer. Try a 'search' and limit it to the Xara Gallery. A variety of interesting techniques have been explored and are definitely worth reviewing.

Is Tom Sorill still about?

I e-mailed him a few nominations for tips&tricks area some time ago and it has not been updated.

I think we have had a few since Jun18 but there has been no change.

Turan

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thomas and the other Xara staff are preoccupied with some software developments they are putting a push on. I'm sure Thomas will be updating the Tips forum in due course. Please continue your nominations - I'm sure Thomas appreciates them even if his other tasks are more pressing.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Are they updating XARA? I really want to get my wish on the list, if it's not already there, which I think it may be, because I've seen it discussed here.

While I still am not a seasoned user, I can see a great benefit in holding the last font instead of going back to default.

Hey, as long as I am wishing, would like to see the text attributes on the font gallery page along with the other font stuff, so you don't have to go back and forth.

OK, so that's two wishes, (or is it one?)...hmmm???

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/deltaplate.gif

DM

I'm not aware of any activity in the updating of Xara X scheduled for a while. Maybe another patch or two, but nothing major on the horizon as far as I can see.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    me hoe ebb rivulets</a>