Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: tile printing

Some years ago I was using Artworks, and have upgraded to XaraX. In Artworks it was possible to make quite a large page size and when printing it would "tile print" placing portions of the graphic onto separate sheets along with guide lines.

Has anyone got any idea how the same could be accomplished with XaraX as I wish to make some large notices up without the expense of finding a commercial printer

Some years ago I was using Artworks, and have upgraded to XaraX. In Artworks it was possible to make quite a large page size and when printing it would "tile print" placing portions of the graphic onto separate sheets along with guide lines.

Has anyone got any idea how the same could be accomplished with XaraX as I wish to make some large notices up without the expense of finding a commercial printer

Tiling is not supported in XaraX, though you can print double page spreads.
    See File> Page Options> Page tab
    and File> Print options> Print layout should have Print individual pages selected.
    For black and white posters you could enlarge with a photcopier onto A3 and create A2 size.

There are workarounds for very large files in previous threads.
    sectioning large images to fit 8.5x11
    "poster" Print? Plz Help!

Hope those URLs attach!

Jessica

OH USA - Home to Cedar Point (Roller Coster King)

I've never tried to do that in Xara, as I don't think it can. Have done the design side of many in Xara, though! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

What I use for that is Microsoft Publisher. I can set margins for each page that's going to be printed, and how much of an 'overlap' area there would be. Then, it's just a matter of trimming and matching everything up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

A local copy shop has finally brought in a wide-format printer. If I bring them a design on CD in either TIF, JPG, or PDF format, it costs me only $20 to print something. That's a bargain, I think!

Push yourself to notice the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Irene M. Kraus
    www.design-comp.com
    aka The Computer Lady!
    Web Development & Video Tutorials - Design Works Internet https://www.facebook.com/Design-Works-Internet

Many thanks for your help I shall look at both
    Harold