Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Color Bug

I was attempting to organize the color palate of a drawing I have been working on for some time with many blends and imports of small assemblies so that I ended up with many whites (i.e. whit 2, white 22, white 223, black 2, 20% Black2, etc.). I also sorted the colors by hue and then name. After a while I tried to save the drawing and got an emediate acess violation and crash to desktop. got an error when I tried to reload the drawing and check to see that the file sized was now 1k instead of 108k. Luckily I had a backup (I do learn, if slowly) and restored the original. I then tried just removing duplicates colors and got the same crash. Restored once again and tried removing just a few dups at a time. exited the program and looked at the file it was still 108k. tried to load and got an internal error message. Restored the drawing and loaded it ok. Something tells me the color gallery is broken. Has anyone else tried to do this sort of thing?
    I sometimes feel like I am the only one haveing problems or that everyone else has given up and is ignoring the issues. From my prospective if this is to be a professional program it is in great need of a patch to take care of the many bugs and non functional tools etc.
    Bugged
    John

I was attempting to organize the color palate of a drawing I have been working on for some time with many blends and imports of small assemblies so that I ended up with many whites (i.e. whit 2, white 22, white 223, black 2, 20% Black2, etc.). I also sorted the colors by hue and then name. After a while I tried to save the drawing and got an emediate acess violation and crash to desktop. got an error when I tried to reload the drawing and check to see that the file sized was now 1k instead of 108k. Luckily I had a backup (I do learn, if slowly) and restored the original. I then tried just removing duplicates colors and got the same crash. Restored once again and tried removing just a few dups at a time. exited the program and looked at the file it was still 108k. tried to load and got an internal error message. Restored the drawing and loaded it ok. Something tells me the color gallery is broken. Has anyone else tried to do this sort of thing?
    I sometimes feel like I am the only one haveing problems or that everyone else has given up and is ignoring the issues. From my prospective if this is to be a professional program it is in great need of a patch to take care of the many bugs and non functional tools etc.
    Bugged
    John

John

If you supply us with a .xar file and a procedure from file import onwards which will cause a crash, we will look into it.

If you could detail your OS, memory, graphics card, screen resolution and colour depth that would be appreciated.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

[This message was edited by Mark Goodall on April 18, 2001 at 06:20 AM.]

Mark,
    Thanks for the Quick Reply. I E-mailed the file and what I was doing to you Tech Support.
    Thanks Again
    John

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I sometimes feel like I am the only one haveing problems or that everyone else has given up and is ignoring the issues. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not alone, John:

Quite apart from the TIFF thing (still no reply) and other problems flagged up here by various folk, I'm still hoping for a fix for the increase in animated GIF file size. Despite an early belief that XX should produce much smaller animated GIFs than CX2, the opposite seems to have been the case, as admitted in an email I received from Xara on February 22. (I've mentioned this before, but I was told that 'We've just located a bug in the export of animated GIFs which caused the file size increase, this has now been fixed. The shortly to be released new CD/patch will fix this problem'. If only...)

So, if anyone from Xara Ltd (Mark?) is reading this, please get back to me on this and let me know the score!

BTW, John, your battleship is brilliant!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Hey, you are not alone!
    My programm crashing with color problems too.
    I hope this bug will fixing by Xara Team.

logo