Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You are all invited to visit a forum not supported by banner ads and the rest. It is on my own server, and I don't guarantee any results...but this i-us forum will be tits-up soon I suspect. Not to many travelers noting from the humble posts here! Plus, my server has more "up" time than the "down" time the i-us server has. Go figure! Come on in!

Go to http://www.thefontman.com/discus/index.html

Regards,
    The Fontman
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

You are all invited to visit a forum not supported by banner ads and the rest. It is on my own server, and I don't guarantee any results...but this i-us forum will be tits-up soon I suspect. Not to many travelers noting from the humble posts here! Plus, my server has more "up" time than the "down" time the i-us server has. Go figure! Come on in!

Go to http://www.thefontman.com/discus/index.html

Regards,
    The Fontman
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

I've been a long time reader of this forum and think it's great. I'm hoping the postings will pick up with the advent of Corel 10 though because I've always picked up good ideas, tips & tricks here.

Crystal
    IP

I viewed the upgrade version of CD today at COMDEX. Frankly, with the exception of the RAVE application, I was singulalrly unimpressed by what I saw. And especially at a $249 UG price (the banks must be putting on the pressure), I expected a heck of a lot more than a cosmetic cleanup and a mere handful of tepid changes. $129 for this UG? Perhaps.

I'm frankly amazed that Corel didn't sell RAVE as a separate $99 product and provide what's left as SP-3 for CD9. (Now if "Knockout" was included in the $249... now my eyebrows rise...)
    IP

Can you please find other ways to promote your own web site than posting links to it here and knocking the i/us Forums? These forums will not be disappearing, as you imply, and their performance seems to satisfy the almost 1,000 registered users.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    </blockquote>
    IP

Two posts in two days...where are the thousand users? Obviously they have found a better resource. BTW, took me 5 minutes on a cable connect to get to this page from the main forum. That sucks. I'm outta here...for good! Bye-bye!
    The Fontman
    IP

The thousand members post in the various forums here, not just the Draw one. And it takes me 5 seconds to get to this forum from the home page -- and I'm on a DSL connection 6,000 miles away from the server. Maybe you need a new cable provider?

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    </blockquote>
    IP

Just had to come back for one last time. No problems with the massive browsing I do day in and day out. The server that controls this forum is mighty s-l-o-w.

In any event, would not post a forum for folks who really would want to know Corel v10 specs. Too many experts here...yeah...right!

Caio!
    The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    The Fontman
    IP

Bye-bye!
    IP

Yes, things seem a little slow on the Draw forum, appears everyone has settled in to finish all their year-end work loads. I and others that have worked with Corel for the 12 years it has been around and most have yet to find any program that would replace all the features and functions. Dollar for dollar you can't beat it. Any new version is going to have conflicts with the many thousands of different hardware setups and version 10 will have its share. Hardware vendors blame the software coders and the software vendors blames it on the hardware. Things are getting better but it will be a neverending battle as long as their is so much technology being developed at such a fast pace. I'm a firm believer that if a program will work as its supposed to on someone else's computer then it will work on mine if I do a bit of research and tweaking. Corel has been notorious at having problems with several video cards in the past, mainly because the cards were designed to unregulated 'standards' just to prove a speed number for sales hype. Disabling some of the uneeded features of the cards and they usually stabilized and worked very well with Corel. Using high speed 3-D rendering features on a video card with Draw is like using a freight train as a personal family vehicle. I plan to upgrade from 9 to 10 after the first patch comes out, would like to try the RAVE module in some web work.

Larry Elliott
    IP