Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I started WebStyle 4 (registered version)today, a popup informed me that new templates were available for download by clicking the Update button however when I do (click the button), no new templates are forthcoming.

Can anyone explain what's going on here?

Ron Polak

When I started WebStyle 4 (registered version)today, a popup informed me that new templates were available for download by clicking the Update button however when I do (click the button), no new templates are forthcoming.

Can anyone explain what's going on here?

Ron Polak

Try disabiling anti anti virus or firewall programs you have running and try again.

Good luck

Tried that and still nothing. In fact I haven't seen the new template popup at all since that first time. Whenever I click Update I'm told I have the latest version and that no new templates are available.

What annoys me most is that there appears there is no other way of finding and downloading these new templates. I've paid my money. If there are new templates to which I'm entitled, why is it so hard to find them? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Ron Polak

If you look at the bottom of the screen that pops up about new templates are available, it lists the 4 new templates. One of the themes is the Scifi theme. If you have that theme already then you have the complete templates.

Why on earth do people keep suggesting disabling a firewall and anti virus to get this program to work.

Both are ridiculous statements to make. A firewall and AV are essential items today. Software must be made to work correctly "through" those items, not to "bypass" them. This just leaves the user machine open to potential attack from all avenues.

I too have just purchased Webstyle V4. I cannot download any of the templates. It appears as if I should be able to, but when I attempt to connect by entering username and password it fails. It seems to be having trouble connecting to the server as I get a variety of messages indicating that the URL is invalid. I have tried turning off my virus checker (I agree with your comment about having to disable firewalls and anti-virus software Mandarin) but in my case even this does not work.

I also tried creating a new username and password but still was unable to connect to the server.

I was looking forward to playing around with the templates this half-term holiday to revamp my site but looks like I may have to just wait for the CD to arrive.