Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Rocketracer

Hi all,

A second one in the 3D cartoon series...

If anyone has any advice / critical remarks, it's more than welcome (to improve the 'learning curve')!

Have a good weekend!

Ingmar
    ingmar.de.lange@yrbrandbuzz.nl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OpenTopic.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	4739  

Hi all,

A second one in the 3D cartoon series...

If anyone has any advice / critical remarks, it's more than welcome (to improve the 'learning curve')!

Have a good weekend!

Ingmar
    ingmar.de.lange@yrbrandbuzz.nl

The only thing I would change, Ingmar, is adding some stars and maybe a little fractal plazma to the space background. Those two effects would add so much to the piece. That particular area looks somewhat flat to me!!

Keep up the wonderful work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I reduced the size of your image so that people with lower resolutions screen displays can appreciate your superb image without having to scroll up and down.

And images like this one should probably be posted in the Xara Gallery Conference.

A really fun and imaginative image!

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Ingmar, what a fun image. The only part of the image that looks strange to me is the upper left. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be meteor fragments or something of the sort, they kind of look like tater tots...maybe the shapes are too rounded and need more shading??

Mickie

This rocket reminds me of the old tin rocket space toys and the colorful pictures on the toy's boxes from that era. I have collected a few old tin space age toys and find them really neat. This is a fun image! The thought RAMWolff had about adding a bit of fractal plasma shading and stars to the background would add depth to the scene. Mickie's "tater tot" asteroid debris might work a bit better with more irregular shaping for a rockier appearance.
    Love it! Nice work!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hi,

Thank you very much for your comments, they inspire me to continue doing this kind of stuff!

The fractal on the back is a good one, I initially thought about doing more with the black background, but was afraid it would become to crowded. But with the fractal, I can see it working...

The meteors are suddenly looking like different thingies to me also [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I'll make 'em more roughy!

And about the tin space toys: that's absolutely right! I created the basis of the image some months ago, 'just 2D', when I was bored and made a quick skets of the tin space toy in front of me!

I hope to post an imporoved (smaller sized) image shortly !

Bye

Ingmar