Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grant E. Remington:
    Have you all upgraded to Office XP yet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No... but you'll be able to imagine the grin on my face if I've interpreted your question how you meant it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Duggan:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grant E. Remington:
    Have you all upgraded to Office XP yet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No... but you'll be able to imagine the grin on my face if I've interpreted your question how you meant it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

+++Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila+++
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

I still prefer Corel in office products, so WordPerfect is the one for me! I don't like many Microsoft products. XP OS is enough!!

I also appreciate the .wma music format, good research and develpment there.

Why is this being brought up in this thread anyway??

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Yes, I have upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP, and yes I do prefer XP over 2000.

It is sent to me automatically by Microsoft as part of being a Microsoft Partner so I'm able to install and evaluate new versions of software and make a proper decision on if I use it or not, based on the new features it offers alone. For example, I have licences for both Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro, and choose to run 2000 isntead of XP.

Your point being?

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Software releases can fix one set of bugs but give us another set. It can be an unending cycle.

(Now I don't know if that was what was meant by bringing Office XP into this thread --- that's how I took it although I have no knowledge of the buggyness of Office XP. I don't tend to upgrade my operating system just because a new version is released.)

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Office Xp ? Why ? I rarely use the Microsoft Office suite, I do have office 2000 installed.
    I made one previous post in this thread responding to the info about Real Draw and of course I would like to see a new bigger better release of Xara X. My Xara X works fine now and I use it more than any other program on my computer. I made my previous post to help bring this to the attention of Xara Ltd. I would love to see a new realease of Xara X with all of the bugs fixed and some new features , but we don't need any more BLOATWARE.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel:
    Yes, I have upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP, and yes I do prefer XP over 2000.

Your point being?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Satire.

Most businesses still run Office 2000 or 97 because they work just fine. No need to upgrade although the hourly security fixes are a pain.

+++Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila+++
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

While there are updates and what not for allot of the other products, whether it be office or otherwise, there have not been continual updates, patches and what not for XaraX. So, while I appreciate the sitire of the past few posts (now that I "got" it) there is a NEED for Xara Ltd. to at least talk to us, the loyal but very nervous user base as to what's in store for the future of XaraX!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I upgraded from MS Office 97 to Office 2000. I wasn't too impressed: Nothing new that I would have needed, just bloated software and a mess with chosing the most "suitable" version (Standard, Professional, Premium etc).

Today I use OpenOffice.org instead, and rarely use MS Office anymore.

-Paul
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm