Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hi,

Could we have some information about the release date of the next Xara X ?
    Will we have one ? When ?

I allready bought RealDraw Pro (wich is a very fine app), i also got Freehand with my Macromedia Studio MX update (but i don't use it) and i'm thinking to Deneba Canvas... i realy love Xara X, but no news isn't good news, and i start to think to really switch to somethng else now... PLEASE XARA, tell me i don't have to !

Hi,

Could we have some information about the release date of the next Xara X ?
    Will we have one ? When ?

I allready bought RealDraw Pro (wich is a very fine app), i also got Freehand with my Macromedia Studio MX update (but i don't use it) and i'm thinking to Deneba Canvas... i realy love Xara X, but no news isn't good news, and i start to think to really switch to somethng else now... PLEASE XARA, tell me i don't have to !

Have not heard anything.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

. . . going, going . . . gone? I fear. Time to move on to . . . still living things?

RealDraw 3 is coming out very shortly, certainly one to watch!

K
    www.graphics.com (columnist)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Hi Klaus, RD3 coming soon eh...hmmm interesting.... thanx for the heads up... wonder which direction they have taken with the new version... any news or hints to share with us? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just what I read on the www.mediachance.com web - sounds good. I've written Oscar - the brilliant programmer behind the app - and prodded him for more info, but no answer yet. Maybe I'm losing my powers of intimidation? Am I turninig into a knee-jerk softie like the rest of you? ;-)

K
    www.graphics.com (columnist)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

MediaChance have one of the best navigating websites I've been on for a long time. Very well designed and organized. What a pleasure to visit!

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

about a year ago and one of my BIG complaints was that the dialogs were WAY to small, esp. for these old eyes and I downloaded the newest trial and they are mucho better!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Still can't do what Xara can do but I will just wait untill 3.0 comes out to really give it a proper trial run.

Also am interested in Serif's DrawPlus 6, but is buggy, according to quite a few people on the newsgroup, so I'm sitting pretty for version 7! Remember that one thread about the guy that came on board to tell us that Xara Ltd. had laid off allot of the crew and that Serif had picked them up?? I tell you the interface and what it can do looks strangely familiar to me. I have the old 3.0, talk about rudimentary. Awful but I guess 6 is VERY much a step up.

What I would REALLY like is for Xara Ltd. to come out of hiding and tell us, the loyal, what the hell is going on?!?!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Is that asking too much? I think not. In the mean time I have my copy and it's handy but it's buggy. Geeez, at least a bug fix or something would be nice!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hmmm, maybe if we run a thread like this every month they will come tell us something!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Since the last release of Xara-X, Xara seems to be spending a lot of time and effort on what appears to be pretty low pay-off products: Xara3D, WebXealot etc. (I would assume otherwise had I seen a retail version of these products on store shelves, but I haven't).

They're obviously very weak on the marketing side(their aborted Corel foray some years back where, given Corel's lack of meaningful support and the fact that some Xara features crept into CorelDraw, leads me to believe tat they were bamboozled by the much larger Canadian firm) and I'm beginning to suspect that they are now lacking in programming depth as well. After all you have to pay programmers and what better way than keeping those upgrades coming?

Certainly Xara has lost its momentum and the excitement that comes with continuous innovation.

And, yes, there are a lot of productive items that could enhance the product. One look at the push/pull techniques used in SketchUp etc., and one can see there is much to be done.

Just my two cents.

(PS. if it wasn't for Gary's tutorials, the webxealot etc., I think I would have lost interest in the product many moons ago).

Silence is the ultimate weapon of power.
    Charles deGualle

Call me an optimist, but I believe the next version is going to be something very special!

The question is, can you wait?

Dave Zubrowski

Xara FAQ
    Dave Zubrowski