Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Halo,
    I have problem when I put a vertical menu bar into elements_page1.
    Under menu text is always shown grey (in place of Black), in preview window is shown correct, but into browser preview is false.
    I have tried also with different vertical menu, but always the same problem.

Interesting: the same menu bar inserted on other page (elements_page5) is shown correctly.

Can somebody help me please?

Thank you

Halo,
    I have problem when I put a vertical menu bar into elements_page1.
    Under menu text is always shown grey (in place of Black), in preview window is shown correct, but into browser preview is false.
    I have tried also with different vertical menu, but always the same problem.

Interesting: the same menu bar inserted on other page (elements_page5) is shown correctly.

Can somebody help me please?

Thank you

After many months fiddling with this program you have to be careful where you save the menu. If you saved it to a xara project its in that folder on your computer if your savd as a default into another website it will be in its original saved loaction. When saving a element remember where you are saving it to. What your doing now wont work.
    Try this - do a search for all your element files (eveyone) and copy them into the folder of your web. Most of them will be images but this should work.

Heres a little trick I learned. Say youve just craeted a new nav button and you save it to your project or default project. Once saved and I'm able to open it in front page and it works well I go into FP2003 split screen and click on teh nav bar and they copy the code. I then put the code into a word document to save it and everytime I make a change to that nav bar I do the same thing. The same would apply if you have more than one nav button or bar.
    Remember that everythime you create someting with WS 4 it creates a code and its that code I copy. if it ever screws up I just delete the nav bar that s giving me the problem copy and paste the code from my word document search for the elements copy and paste into same folder.
    One intersting note: I use FP2003 and used the WS4 templates & found they really sucked big time, so I stopped using the templates and create my sites from scratch in FP and jsut add the WS4 elements and they work great but like I said remember where you are saving the elements.

Good luck
    email me at webmaster@meetinontario.com if you need further help.

hi can you direct us to an example?

What happens if you view the menu in a blank web page? does the menu show as in the preview or does it display the same problem?

@Chickenman: thank you i will try, but, i have try to put any vertical navbar on these page ( elements_page1) and i have always the same problem, by the way the same vertical navbar inserted on other page is shown propertly.

@Bb2, yes the problem exist in XARA and on the blank page too.
    you can see the attachment ( there is a html page)

[This message was edited by randoom10 on February 24, 2004 at 07:58.]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello

You have the following code wihtin your styleshhet in the head of the document

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    #content a:link {
    color: #005db6;/*themecolour5;*/
    }
    #content a:visited {
    color: #999999;
    }
    #content a:link:hover {
    color: #3c9bf7;/*themecolour1;*/
    }
    </pre>

change this to read

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    .content a:link {
    color: #005db6;/*themecolour5;*/
    }
    .content a:visited {
    color: #999999;
    }
    .content a:link:hover {
    color: #3c9bf7;/*themecolour1;*/
    }
    </pre>

and all will be well.

I had the same problem and have let the xara team know. They said that the problem has been logged and provided the solution above.

Thanks

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

thank you,
    i have make these changes, and everything is working correct

have a nice time