Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: I'm stumped! Image import scaling issue.

Pardon? I don't understand what you are referring to there, wenz. The thing is, I can't have any version of that logo that displays right (not garbled and too small/large) AND exports right (not garbled and too large/small).

Anyway and LoL, I resized the Xara export dialog to make it wider -- and now I can at least put in more-digit numbers there, in the "dpi" box:

http://i.imgur.com/FdPT0nS.png

Thus, probably that's the solution for me: change the export dpi according to the reciprocal of my screen resolution times the resolution of the bitmap divided by 96 (or something)

OH WELL

This again worked for me. I can only imagine that it is the windows scaling issue involved here. Still don't know why you cannot enter 3 digits though.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

the problem you are having - as mike and I have been trying to explain - is that setting your windows to 125 % makes your images look bigger on the screen - which is what it's meant to do

when you reset it try this again and I am resonably confident you will not have a sizing problem - the 96dpi will export right

[ a clue is in the 120 that works at 125% - ratio 120:96 same as 125:100 - ring a bell?]

I know, but I'm not going to change my Windows dpi settings and reboot twice every time I want to use Xara

Also, Xara should not behave like this if I choose "pixel" as page units. Or, if I additionally specify document scaling in the options dialog, for example an 80 to 100 ratio.

But both of this doesn't help either.

I tried the program at 125% windows on my 8.1 [which does not need rebooting] - no problem with entering 3 digits...

so thinking on in the back of my mind is a possible issue with a conflict where the language settings in windows can affect the number of digits that can be entered in certain dialogs, if said settings are not quite right... I think that has come up before...

but programs will look bigger at 125%, not just xara

update - entering 3/4 numbers seems ok too on my win7 computer at 125% [which does need log-out/log-in] - so I've run out of ideas [apart from the language thing but I can't find any references] - sorry I can't be of more help..