Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I remember reading here about this before but my search is not turning anything up.

My problem is, for some strange reason, that when I import a graphic image of any format Xara X1 upscales it by 1.33 or 1.35%

A graphic that is supposed to be 9pixels becomes 12.2pixels. Also 20 becomes 27 and 150 becomes 200 and so on.

I never used to have this problem, but I don't know what I may have done to cause this behavior now.

How do I fix this without having to uninstall/reinstall?

Heeeeeelllpp! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    The BEST is good enough!

Hi Ed

Can't say what the problem is, but you could try this.

Check in Utilities / Options / Scaling and ensure that you're not using any scaling in your default template.

As a further check you could try this image

The image size is 96 x 96 pixels. If you Right Click/Copy.

Then paste into Xara. Delete. Open the Bitmap Gallery and drag a copy onto the page it should read 96 x 96 pixels.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Ed
    Same problem here althought there´s an easy workaround:
    Just check the original width of the image you want to import/paste and then write it in the width of selection box (it has an W near it)when you have the select tool active (with the image selected in Xara off course).
    That´s what i do. Still haven´t found why Xara do this...

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

It happens when you import or paste a graphic in anything other resolution than 96 dpi

Egg...

If I choose "DeviceIndependantBitmap" it comes in at 48x48 pixels (192dpi)

If I choose "bitmap" it comes int at 96x96. So cut and paste, as a bitmap, works as expected.

If I choose import from my hard drive it behaves as already stated above. It comes in too large.

I'm not scaling in my options settings. I'm set to 96dpi "when auto generated".
    The BEST is good enough!

Originally posted by Judi A:
    It happens when you import or paste a graphic in anything other resolution than 96 dpi
    Are you saying that this behavior is normal and it's due to the original dpi of the source image?
    The BEST is good enough!

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

No, I mean the resolution of the file you are importing. Changing the auto generated option I believe only pertains exporting.

Ooops we posted at the same time.
    Are you saying that this behavior is normal and it's due to the original dpi of the source image?
    YES

Originally posted by Miguel B.:
    Hi Ed
    Same problem here althought there´s an easy workaround:
    Just check the original width of the image you want to import/paste and then write it in the width of selection box (it has an W near it)when you have the select tool active (with the image selected in Xara off course).
    That´s what i do. Still haven´t found why Xara do this...
    Yes that works but it seem like a lot of exta work as I'm sure you would agree.
    The BEST is good enough!

Yeah http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Thanks Judy.
    I haven´t spent much time trying to found the reason, i just rescale the image inside Xara X but now that you explained that, it makes all sense, since when we export from Xara the dpi setting will interfere with image size.

YES[/QUOTE]

My best guess is that this used to work fine in the past and I've imported all shapes, resolution and sizes of images before without this scaling issue.

Also when I view these images in any other viewing program they appear the correct size. With Xara zoomed to 100% they are clearly larger by 1/3 or so. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    The BEST is good enough!