Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have created a web page in Xara X, and have attempted to slice and export it. However, as soon as I hit the "Export" button, I get a "Serious Error from Xara X" message that reads:
    "Floating point exception at offset 0x0037DEC3"

If any one has a clue as to what causes such an error and how to avoid it, please let me know! I dont want to have to save the image as a bitmap file and slice it up in ImageReady, cause it will lose some of it's sharpness.

Thanks for any help!

Gary V.
    "I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"

I have created a web page in Xara X, and have attempted to slice and export it. However, as soon as I hit the "Export" button, I get a "Serious Error from Xara X" message that reads:
    "Floating point exception at offset 0x0037DEC3"

If any one has a clue as to what causes such an error and how to avoid it, please let me know! I dont want to have to save the image as a bitmap file and slice it up in ImageReady, cause it will lose some of it's sharpness.

Thanks for any help!

Gary V.

Page 7 WebXealot 24

This may help you, Gary.

Do the images you are trying to export contain mixed files, e.g. GIF and JPEG? That could be a cause.

I encountered the same problem when I was preparing the Slicing mini-tutorial and think I address it on Page 7.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.png

Thanks, Gary!
    I'm gonna have to read and do your whole slice tutorial. I got to the part about doing it similar to ImageReady, and just took of in that direction. I also understood the Help file as saying you can do mixed file types. Oh well!
    And yes, the brick wall I was head-butting was just as hard and painful as yours!

Thanks,again, oh Mighty One! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]