Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

Would anyone be interested in a community drawing project where everyone taking part draws one bit of a larger image? If you would (and you like The Simpsons) read on...

I have found a picture of most of the Simpsons cast as a low quality JPEG and I think it would be fun to recreate the image in full Xara X quality.

Taking part is simple. Just download the attached xar file, pick a character to draw and draw it on its own layer. Once you are happy with your drawing, email me the result and I will put all the layers together to form one image. I will then post on this image on the forum (as a xar file).

To keep things simple, if you decide to take part, please post the name of the character you are drawing to this forum so we do not duplicate each other's work. Also please draw you character on its own layer and give that layer the same name as the character (you might like to include your name in the layer name so we can all see who drew what).

To make this work I think we need a few guidelines:
    - No bitmaps (for obvious reasons)
    - Try and only use solid colours only
    - Put a black 0.7pt outline around most shapes
    - Don’t worry too much about areas of your character that are behind other characters as they will not be visible in the final file
    - Please do not change the background image in any way
    - Please try and keep you drawing as similar to the original as possible so everything fits together

The following sites might be useful for finding what a character should look like
    - The Simpsons Folder
    - The Simpsons Archive

I have made a start by drawing “Santa’s Little Helper” (the dog).

You can email your pictures to me at: jpayne@dsl.pipex.com (or post them here as attached files if you prefer).

Jonathan

(by the way: can anyone think of any other drawing projects like this where we can all do a bit?)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

Would anyone be interested in a community drawing project where everyone taking part draws one bit of a larger image? If you would (and you like The Simpsons) read on...

I have found a picture of most of the Simpsons cast as a low quality JPEG and I think it would be fun to recreate the image in full Xara X quality.

Taking part is simple. Just download the attached xar file, pick a character to draw and draw it on its own layer. Once you are happy with your drawing, email me the result and I will put all the layers together to form one image. I will then post on this image on the forum (as a xar file).

To keep things simple, if you decide to take part, please post the name of the character you are drawing to this forum so we do not duplicate each other's work. Also please draw you character on its own layer and give that layer the same name as the character (you might like to include your name in the layer name so we can all see who drew what).

To make this work I think we need a few guidelines:
    - No bitmaps (for obvious reasons)
    - Try and only use solid colours only
    - Put a black 0.7pt outline around most shapes
    - Don’t worry too much about areas of your character that are behind other characters as they will not be visible in the final file
    - Please do not change the background image in any way
    - Please try and keep you drawing as similar to the original as possible so everything fits together

The following sites might be useful for finding what a character should look like
    - The Simpsons Folder
    - The Simpsons Archive

I have made a start by drawing “Santa’s Little Helper” (the dog).

You can email your pictures to me at: jpayne@dsl.pipex.com (or post them here as attached files if you prefer).

Jonathan

(by the way: can anyone think of any other drawing projects like this where we can all do a bit?)

...and here is the basic image (with my version of Santa's Little Helper)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Simpsons_Cast.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	1023  

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simp.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	2748  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-