Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have downloaded from xaraxone the Calico Fills designed by Judi Assony. Can anyone tell me I can design a graphic that has that patchwork quilt effect that Judi has with her cat design

I have downloaded from xaraxone the Calico Fills designed by Judi Assony. Can anyone tell me I can design a graphic that has that patchwork quilt effect that Judi has with her cat design

Hello Chris and welcome to the conference.

You need to draw a cat shape. Create the individual patch shapes making them larger than the cat shape. Then select one of the patch shapes, open the Fill Gallery (on the group of icons at the top right of the Infobar), select the patch pattern you want to use, and press the Fill button in the Fill Gallery dialog. Repeat until all the patch shapes are filled.

Group the filled patch shapes and place then in front of the cat shape. Select the cat shape and the group of patches and from the Arrange pull down menu, select Apply ClipView.

Give it a try and let us know if you have any questions.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

Gary's way works.

I used the method described in this thread, putting irregular squiggly lines criss-crossing over the basic cat shape. because I wanted irregular shapes that would fit together.

Add Shapes Break Shapes

Funny I thought Franks method would be in the Tips and Tricks area but it isn't! I'll go see if it is in the Xara Xone.
    Judi

Thanks for the advice i've tried Gary's idea and it works great. Judi i'm going to read through the thread as you suggested. Thanks to you both, Chris [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

That's why we're here.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...