Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

......it don't work.
    I downloaded Xara3D, then installed Webster when the CD's came a couple days ago. And it don't work.
    Soooo,
    I had downloaded the XaraX trial but (now) uninstalled that, on the chance that it might have been causing confusion somewhere. I also noticed that the Xara3D case has a serial number on it, and the downloaded install never asked for one, so I uninstalled the downloaded copy and reinstalled off the CD--and the CD install requested the serial number. I get the same message though: Xara3D says that .web files are invalid. It doesn't matter if I try to open the file by importing or file->open. Sometimes 3D says that "parts of the file are missing". Webster will only export files as .web, and I already know that Xara3D doesn't seem to like Paint Shop Pro vector images much either.... -Is there something I'm not doing here?

......it don't work.
    I downloaded Xara3D, then installed Webster when the CD's came a couple days ago. And it don't work.
    Soooo,
    I had downloaded the XaraX trial but (now) uninstalled that, on the chance that it might have been causing confusion somewhere. I also noticed that the Xara3D case has a serial number on it, and the downloaded install never asked for one, so I uninstalled the downloaded copy and reinstalled off the CD--and the CD install requested the serial number. I get the same message though: Xara3D says that .web files are invalid. It doesn't matter if I try to open the file by importing or file->open. Sometimes 3D says that "parts of the file are missing". Webster will only export files as .web, and I already know that Xara3D doesn't seem to like Paint Shop Pro vector images much either.... -Is there something I'm not doing here?

Hi Doug,

I haven't received my Xara3D CDs yet, but I exported a .web file from XaraX. I left the exclude preview bitmap checked, so there would not be a bitmap in the file. It imported into Xara3D5 with out any problems.

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webrings.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	17250  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Mine don't do sheet. All it says is "import failed" or "not a valid X3D file". Maybe they fuxed Webster's export function up, so this won't work anymore.
    ~
    Is anybody else here using Webster?

You probably need the plugin you can get it here http://www.xara.com/downloads/plugin/

Joel

[This message was edited by Joel Schilling on September 25, 2002 at 21:13.]

Aha!!! The plugin was it!!...
    ...grrrr...
    -THEY LIED!!! They say you don't need the plugin, if you install from the CD!!
    -ah well,
    -cool beans!