Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I checked my e-mail account on Mon I found I had two e-mails from Xara reminding me of my user name and my pasword hint both recevied on Sat evening.

I was not on the internet at this time/day and I have used my password so much to talk here I don't think I'll need reminded of it.

The mail was from Xara Online Purchasing which makes me think someone was trying to get access to my Visa number - has anyone else had a similar experence?

I e-mail Xara Sales on Monday but they have not got back to me!

Turan
    IP

When I checked my e-mail account on Mon I found I had two e-mails from Xara reminding me of my user name and my pasword hint both recevied on Sat evening.

I was not on the internet at this time/day and I have used my password so much to talk here I don't think I'll need reminded of it.

The mail was from Xara Online Purchasing which makes me think someone was trying to get access to my Visa number - has anyone else had a similar experence?

I e-mail Xara Sales on Monday but they have not got back to me!

Turan
    IP

Sounds like a possible case of identity theft to me. If you don't hear back soon, send me a message and I'll see what I can do.

I think that there is a trememdous amount of this kind of activity. My VISA fraud control is constantly flagging any small software purchases I make while not making a peep when I make a large purchase.

Gary
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My VISA fraud control is constantly flagging any small software purchases I make while not making a peep when I make a large purchase. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    How reassuring. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
    IP

Turan, don't worry. It's certainly not "identify theft".

You own your email, right? So say someone *did* put your email address in to get a password remidner. So what? You receive it, that's all. There's no way for them to get it unless they have access to your email account.

There could be any reason why it happened. Maybe someone typed it by acciddent, maybe it was a system glitch.

It's unlikely it was someone being malicious as they'd have to know your email and that you're a Xara Online customer.

If you're really concerned, just pop in and change your password. But really, I wouldn't worry.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

"My VISA fraud control is constantly flagging any small software purchases I make while not making a peep when I make a large purchase." - Gary

Gotta remember that...

big purchases only...
    IP

Hi Turan

I can confirm I rcvd the same email earlier on this week. I just disregarded it.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP