Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

I just received Xara X1 (upgrading from Xara X).

I really like it, but it seems that the freehand tool no longer displays anything using a brush until I release the mouse button. I verified that Xara X DID do this... even the movie tutorial for Xara X1 seems to allow this.

Have I uncovered a bug? This is really disappointing because I just bought a new tablet with pressure sensitivity and now I can't seem to get any realtime feed back when drawing.

Help!

-joe

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your problem. Are you using one of the download versions or have you received your CD?

I haven't received my boxed version yet, but the download shows real time lines as I draw them.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

I have never heard the term bpp, but if I change the # of colors from 32 to 16 I can duplicate the problem repeatably.
    John/DOT

Strange one this. It would appear that it works as it should for almost everybody (Mine with both mouse and tablet) but for some reason your computer is playing up.
    Do you still have XaraX installed and does it work correctly there?
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Joe,

Try drawing the same line with the mouse and see what happens. I just doodled all over the page with the chain and a profile and had no problems. See if it is your computer or mouse/tablet driver.
    John/DOT

Tried both setting page size to 500mb. No improvement.

Tried using only the mouse. No improvement.

Keep in mind, this worked fine on Xara X. Seems to be broken with X1.

Thanks for the responses!

-joe

Hi Infoneer,
    I tried to re-create your problem on my computer but wasn't able to. Xara X1 freehand tool worked perfectly, and without any lag time.
    I suspect your problem my be from a lack of memory (Ram), or processor speed. What are your computer system specs? -Andrew

GerryI,

I can't duplicate on an Intel 82845 (but you probably already knew that), Radeon IGP 320M or Nvidia GeForce3 TI 200. That last one surprises me as it doesn't seem to work properly with any other software! All tested at 16 bit only as none of them have a 24 bit setting.

John

I just received Xara X1 (upgrading from Xara X).

I really like it, but it seems that the freehand tool no longer displays anything using a brush until I release the mouse button. I verified that Xara X DID do this... even the movie tutorial for Xara X1 seems to allow this.

Have I uncovered a bug? This is really disappointing because I just bought a new tablet with pressure sensitivity and now I can't seem to get any realtime feed back when drawing.

Help!

-joe

Ah... I just tried Xara X1 on my machine here at work (my machine at home is the one I'm having problems with, I'll try it tonight)... in 32 bpp mode it works well. In 16 bpp, the same problem exists.

The machine at works is a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.