Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have the c4d now and its great. Where can I find out how to make graphics like this website has on its background?

http://www.realityslip.com/rs.htm

Learning graphics one pixel at a time.

I have the c4d now and its great. Where can I find out how to make graphics like this website has on its background?

http://www.realityslip.com/rs.htm

Learning graphics one pixel at a time.

tentacles are getting boring... everybody does them

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

...to re-design something somebody else has designed. Create your own style and stuff - it's much more rewarding.

To answer your question: I have no idea. I don't think it's 3D, it plain 2D stuff. At least I would do it with Xara X instead of torturing my fingers with a 3D app on this topic.

Just my 2 cents...

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

If you are using Cinema play around with the sweep nurbs function. Creating a spline the is the shape of the cross section then draw a spline for the path drop them both into a sweep nurbs.

But I agree with Jens this was probably done with 2d software.

Call me sensitive, but I really don't like posts that have a header such as "This forum sucks and here's a link to fantastic new stuff..."

It's anti-competitive, anti-art, and just suggests that a little flashiness has it over all the helpful info we have established here.

Just an overly sensitive, retro-throwback's opinion.

Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Then they might call me sensitive too, since I totally agree with you

Stuff only bothers you if you let it

remember kids, it's all about energy eh

Personaly I think that David here was merely looking for some cool stuff info... and yes, there is lot's of cool stuff here at "TG", but one has to dig into the threads themselve's in order to see this stuff... while other places/sites have very cool graphics as their skin and or in cells here and there... no biggie either way really... thanx for sharing the link David

Hi Randi

Horatio, I feel the same way, yet I find myself modeling many boring, been done too often parts and models as well as the rest... it called the learning curve eh... many good modelers have chosen to learn many basic models along the way, because within the construction of these models many tools, concepts and principals are discovered and further utilized... first you build with what you know, only then, will you gain the ideas in how to go about building that which you do not know... at least you have some guidlines established eh...

Never say never Jens... it's much too definite...

but yea, Jens brings up a good point for discussion here... of which Horatio also reflected upon... to do one's own stuff...

I often think there are a couple of different set's of modeling types out there... those who are fantasy artist's, and those who see the building eviroments from worldly knowledge... and I think it is those who can cross this divide from either direction, moving with the determination to leap beyond the edges, who are going to play the largest roles in deciding what the future holds for the rest to follow, with some, ever, leaping beyond... themes for memes folks... the ultimate fantasy designed reality of evolution...

Hey, not to jump in the middle here, but David wasn't knocking this forum. He has been looking at websites that have artwork that he'd like to learn to emulate the style of, and his subject line states "Hey, I found a website that's a better example of the kind of work I'd like to do myself". Check his older posts, he has been asking about this type of "trendwhore" artwork for some time.

Just to let you know. I didn't want this misunderstanding to cause any hard feelings.

Brett

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "This forum xxxx and here's a link to fantastic new stuff..." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Gary and all,
    I agree with Brett in that I don't believe that was the meaning of the title.

Yes, I too think David is saying that he found a site with graphics that he likes better than the first links he posted, When he originaly asked for instruction about what software to use to create the graphics he saw on the sites linked to in the following.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...576#4031945576

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on October 28, 2003 at 15:45.]