Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello all. My first post.

I've been a user of the original Xara and now Xarax for some years now. Also, I use Paint Shop Pro. They're both excellent products in their own right, and when used together can do most, if not all, of the stuff that can be achieved by using the "big boys" like Photoshop etc.

From my own point of view I don't really want any more features in either product, as they can both now do more than I will ever wish to do. BUT, for me me, the best "extra feature" in the whole known Universe would be an add-on or plug-in for PSP's Browser prog so it could be able to read and display .xar files. This would put me in heaven. I mean, right now, PSP supports just about every other graphic file format including Corel Draw, Windows Metafile, DXF files and about 30 others.

Whether Xara or Jasc (makers of PSP) plan to inlcude such a feature at some time in the future I don't know, but considering Xara's rapidly growing user base, I hope it happens sooner rather than later. Any of you "insiders" got any info?

Lastly, congrats to this forum and a particular thanks to Gary's for his tutorials.

Chris

Hello all. My first post.

I've been a user of the original Xara and now Xarax for some years now. Also, I use Paint Shop Pro. They're both excellent products in their own right, and when used together can do most, if not all, of the stuff that can be achieved by using the "big boys" like Photoshop etc.

From my own point of view I don't really want any more features in either product, as they can both now do more than I will ever wish to do. BUT, for me me, the best "extra feature" in the whole known Universe would be an add-on or plug-in for PSP's Browser prog so it could be able to read and display .xar files. This would put me in heaven. I mean, right now, PSP supports just about every other graphic file format including Corel Draw, Windows Metafile, DXF files and about 30 others.

Whether Xara or Jasc (makers of PSP) plan to inlcude such a feature at some time in the future I don't know, but considering Xara's rapidly growing user base, I hope it happens sooner rather than later. Any of you "insiders" got any info?

Lastly, congrats to this forum and a particular thanks to Gary's for his tutorials.

Chris

Chris,
    One of the drawbacks of Xara is that no other application that I am aware of recognizes .xar files. Hopefully as the Xara user base grows this will change.
    John D

Check out the thread about third party viewers that work with XAR files. There's nothing complicated about reading the thumbnail in a XAR file, all you have to do is convince JASC to invest the time.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean