Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sea scape

I never knew 3d software was so apt at landscapes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seascape.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	8797  

I do like your images a lot (as you well know) and I am really baffled by the speed at which you learn to use such a difficult piece of software.

But, hope I may say this: your images are a little dark on my monitor (that is quite well calibrated). If I were talking photography, I'd say that they are a little too saturated: 2/3 of a diaphragm stop or using a polarization filter at full force.
    I get the impression you publish images with the MAC gamma, which makes them rather dark on PC. This is one of the lesser mentioned, but most serious difficulties of the web. I'm shure you see far more detail in them than I can, and that's a pity because I know there is much more in them.

friendship, ERIK

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Stu--

I, too, see the beautiful mountains and ocean image as a stop or two dark. I own a Mac and I'm Windows-based, actually, and have had in all my experience, hit the perfect exposire between Mac and Win gamma.

The Macintosh has a gamma of about 2.1, and this is because Apple wanted to enable users to display more luminosity in their images---TV sets have a gamma of about 2.2 to 2.5 and they are, without arguement, quite bright---they light up rooms, you know?

I'd suggest dragging your images into Photoshop, and then using the Levels command to make the midrange slider value about 114 to 120.

Doing this will make the image a little darker on the Mac platform, but will open the midranges up to detail for Windows users.

I'd like to set a goal here of cross-platform helpfulness. Art is Art, right? Let the other forums get childish in their posts.

Sincerely,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A_fork_in_the_road.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	6678  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Gary, you have an open mind, and I like that. My enthusiasm for some not perfect but really good software was cooled down because of the more narrow-minded obsessive fanaticism of some users.

Stu, your speed is tempting, most certainly because you are a painter like me (yes, you will always stay a painter in your head,ok? you are a brother in art.) So, because I'm not really wanting to dive into StarWars movies right now, I see some figurative-abstract images in my head that this Art may do.
    Maxon is German, that means a neighbor country (yes, they visited us sometimes in the past [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ) and they are known for their quality.

So you, and all the others who work with it: how do the two programs "feel"? I mean, the Suite: Art and Bodypaint. In the past, I more then once went for a cheap piece of software, but afterwards it turned out expensive as I was limited and wanted the real thing. So is this a real thing,I mean, like Photoshop is "real" and (sorry, no offence meant) Paintshop Pro isn't (for what I want to do)?
    Perhaps I should've asked this to you personally by mail, but you are not the type to go on praising something simply because you put lots of money in, and it might be interesting for other visitors too.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Ok sorry about that guys,I think it also has somethng to do with the time of day that I work on the pictures and I also think my medical condition has a hand in there as well,but I often return to read posts and look at the same image myself and find myself saying well thats too dark doofus [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I will definitely adjust levels from now on also.

Erik thanks for the compliments.I love Cinema art it allows me to create the images I have always wanted too with accurate ish [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] {the user} lighting and also to add a great deal more realism to my scenes.I have no problem using what ever tool does the job,I like Photoshop but it cant give me the exact result I am looking for,but then again it isnt a 3d program and it would be unrealistic of me to expect that it could,so thats why I bought art and I can also incooperate it with Photoshop,which is brilliant for making textures as well.A good explanation of how I feel about the program would be that Photoshop was very good but I had to work within walls,whereas Cinema art made those walls transparent and as I start to learn more of the program the walls are getting more transparent and I can see what a really powerfull tool it is that I am working with.

Earl thanks for the levels setting I will fix them and repost the image.I actually wanted to have the veiwer standing on top of a rusty old ship but I couldnt get it too work properly.

Cheers.

Stu.

Damn sorry I meant thanks Gary.

Gary sorry my memory is just crap now.

Stu.