Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am still trying to decide a program to purchase I have heard wonderful things with psp, ps7 and pse2. My question is can I create this type of picture using psp?

Here's a link
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=3842725

thank you for any help.

I am still trying to decide a program to purchase I have heard wonderful things with psp, ps7 and pse2. My question is can I create this type of picture using psp?

Here's a link
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=3842725

thank you for any help.

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

According to what I read on that post, PSP7 is fully capable of doing what you want. I assume some of the things she refers to...such as DigiDans b/w conversion is a filter. PSP7 accepts most Photoshop filters.

Download the trial version of PSP7 at PSP7 trial and try it. The trial is fully functional and you have 30 days to play with it.

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.

[This message was edited by SandDancr on February 13, 2003 at 14:19.]

[This message was edited by SandDancr on February 13, 2003 at 14:20.]
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.

There is a good Photoshop tutorial that works well with both PS and PSP 8, you can find it here. Pencil Sketch from PhotographI tried it with the file your link pointed to and added a couple of layers. I did write a script that does the whole task. I still had to clean up the background with white paint and I'm not sure if the contrast still could be enhanced some. I don't know how to attach the script and the picture in the same reply so I'll try two replies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b4Nafter.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	13104  
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

I tested my downloadable file and if you unzip it to your "My PSP8 Files/Scripts-Trusted" folder, you should be able to run the script the next time you boot up PSP 8. The orginal file for the little girl picture is at Art for PencilSketch trusted script. Enjoy!

[This message was edited by sallybode on January 02, 2004 at 16:09.]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sally M. Bode

The technique described in the tutorial found at This site for Photoshopwas used to create the drawing on the left. I further enhanced the technique with the motion blur on a layer set to screen and used the clarify and contrast adjustments. The one on the right I duplicated what I had already done and used the Hot Wax coating and then reduced the opacity of the layer and played around with the screen and dodge and burn adjustment as adjustment layers. There is no end to the fun this techniqe offers, you can duplicate and add an emboss layer and make it look like a really old photograph in need of big time repair. There really is no end to how far you can take this. Each photograph has it's own unique problems and potentials.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	portraitCombo.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	17625  

Sally M. Bode