Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTML Code

I am having trouble after designing a complicated Nav. Bar in XaraX. Everything goes swimmingly on exporting and previewing in the browser but when I import it into GoLive 6 it comes up with a syntax error, giving a big no to "xara table". This is my 10 site I have produced using Xara for graphics and GoLive for the web design. I have tried Google to try and find answer but nothing realy comes up. Is there is here who has had the same problem and corrected the coding error?
    Design is thinking made visual.

I am having trouble after designing a complicated Nav. Bar in XaraX. Everything goes swimmingly on exporting and previewing in the browser but when I import it into GoLive 6 it comes up with a syntax error, giving a big no to "xara table". This is my 10 site I have produced using Xara for graphics and GoLive for the web design. I have tried Google to try and find answer but nothing realy comes up. Is there is here who has had the same problem and corrected the coding error?

someone here would be able to help you. I know how frustrating this can be.

Eric, Ross, Dale, Soquilli, anyone have any ideas what is happening here and how Albatros can make this code work?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Click to make The Xara Xone #1

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

Albacore, Maybe you could post the code? It's hard to tell what's happening without seeing that.

Mickie

I struggled on and found that if I used floating boxes in my page design that this cured the coding problem as my design used many layers.

Still feel very frustrated as it changed the design very slightly.

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad you found the answer.

To insert a javascript in NetObjects Fusion, which I work with, you have to create a rectangle or a text box, and then open the HTML dialog and drop it in there.

Took me a long time to figure that one out.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

Because of the complaints I've read on this forum about the NavBar tool and Webstyle, I have avoided using Xara products for generating any web graphics that are accompanied by Xara-generated HTML or Javascript.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

My best advice: stay away from the XX NavBar - it is an Evil Thing and will only cause you endless grief.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I have used the nav bar function several times, and never have a problem. I don't use its full functionality, though, and sometimes it does get quirky.

I use it to make the rollovers and the javascript code, then copy and paste the resulting javascript and html table into my page's code. I never use more than two states for my rollovers (mouseoff, mouseover), and I usually have to move the images into the proper folder and make appropriate tweaks to the javascript.

I used to use ImageReady for building simple nav menus, but I find the Xara X generated code simpler and just as functional.

This site,a surgical supply company, was the first site I used Xara X to build the nav menus. It was also, coincidentally, the first time I presented a site design to a client and they didn't want to make changes! It is nothing fancy or awe-inspiring, just simple and what they wanted.

"I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"
    "I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"

Hi TooGraphic...

Perhaps your buttons could have the "hints" reflecting the topics as in apposed to simply button1, button2 etc...

as well, you may wish to go in and define your table/cell bg colors...

I personaly do not use default colors in my windows config, but rather my windows bg colors are set to grey as this makes things easier on the eyes when viewing in lower light conditions... as such, your pages come in grey with white rectangular graphics.... and to this I know many who do the same as I... Please folks, remember it only takes but a second to define those bg's... very important

[This message was edited by gidgit on March 23, 2003 at 17:00.]