Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

It seems you get more pixels when pasting into Corel than into Photoshop. Why is that?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

More pixels? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    Could you elaborate on that?
    Maybe it's got something to do with Draw automatically placing imported bitmaps within an invisible rectangular shape. Try clicking the node editor with a bitmap selected and you'll see the nodes on the bitmap.
    IP

Just try it, I have found that out in practice as I often have people design a project in Word (don't ask me why) and then I have to import their pictures and graphics directly from Word, and not from a separate file which holds their images. If people can design web, you'd think they'd be at least as savvy about print.

There is something different in the clipboard which DRAW uses and I read about it briefly somewhere, I thought I'd see if anyone here knows more.

What I have found, not so much from the web, but from transferring from Word, not to paste into Photoshop, thinking it would be better, it isn't, because the clipboard isn't pasting all the information.

Paste a fairly large dpi image into Word, and copy it via the Windows Clipboard and paste it into DRAW, do the same thing with Photoshop, the image you pasted into DRAW comes in at the full resolution of the original image but into Photoshop, it pastes at 72dpi. There are no other pasting options.

If there is another way of getting the extra dpi I lose then I'd use it, but thank God that DRAW is pasting the resolution I need, the end use client still wants good pictures even if they didn't have a better layout program.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Maybe it's because of the resolution of the document opened in Photoshop?
    I did a quick google search and found this:
    http://www.digitalmastery.com/compan...e/psuser17.pdf
    The document suggests using the drag and drop method.
    IP

You can drag between CorelDRAW and Adobe PS equally well. You can draw from MS Word into DRAW. Even dragging into PS from Word with a document open of 300 dpi still renders an unusable picture even if you were hoping for posterization.

But thanks for the effort.

Sally M. Bode
    IP