Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Look, it's better than my first effort but you've already heard more than what I might have said. For testing different browser versions, you might want to try out "browserola" for which the URL is shown below. PLEASE BE AWARE that this is no longer on sale but the author has left it there for download so I guess it can be used. Although I asked him to sell, he never answered.

http://213.176.1.196:800/Default/www...la/default.htm

Jon
    Jon

but the link takes me to a page that is not related, or at least I don't think so? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Any way, if you have a copy of it and it's not to too large then maybe you could send it over to me via my address listed in my profile, just remove the furballs. and then the address will be valid! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Happy New Year to ya! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Happy New Year to ya Richard---wishing you all good things that be in 2003!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Your site is progressing well---can hardly wait for it to be complete so I can enjoy it all!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hi Richard,

Happy New Year.

I found a site that still has Browserola for download. It's at http://www.webwork-magazin.net/downloads/details/15. Click on the words "Datei herunterladen", to download.

I did a google search, but most of the links aren't valid anymore.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Happy New Year to you!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

One question though, it's got a time limit on it? I thought it was not for sale any more and was free, so how do I go about getting a serial number for it??

Happy New Year Maya, give me a little time and I will have all those pages filled up and then watch out Risto!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS: My bite is much worse than my bark!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on December 31, 2002 at 21:28.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Based upon number of times used (rather than time elapsed), I think the registration is a "nag" rather than a "disable". So far, I haven't quite used it enough to find out but I will. The file (an executable) is just over 1 MB, do you want it emailed? I'm happy to send it. Oh, anyone else can have it or can I post it to this forum? Well, it's been left out there so I see no problem. And, if the author sees this, I'd be happy to pay for it.

Jon
    Jon

I got it from the link that Soquili supplied but as I said, I was not sure if it needed to be registered and paid for or if it was just, like you said, a nag screen. Maybe it will continue on afterwards! Let's hope so!!

One thing I do notice that it doesn't do but I wish it did was to actually have the ability to go out and look at web pages that are up and running and not just files that are on your system. One thing that happens, or doesn't happen, is that all the image files are not loaded, so while it gives you a layout you get no colors or images and that's really what I am looking for. Unless you can straighten me out on that one I am still open to software that can allow me to do what I mentioned above!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks very much for the link. I learned allot reading all that stuff. The main link to the bad web pages was set up so I could get the jest of it all viewing it with frames so I still had the links to the different examples to the left and explainations on the bottom. Very nice indeed. Guess I'll be getting rid of the fade in effect!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

You are very welcome!

Happy New Year!

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Hi

Like all the other posts, I am impressed with your first effort. Welcome to the wonderful world of Web Design. You will soon find out that what you want your readers to see is not often what they will get. Each Browser has a different characteristic, each version of Windows and and most Browsers allow the users to specify their own text characteristics etc. And, if a user works in a minimised screen - then it too means that they may not see what was intended.

I currently manage a 6000 page plus webs on a major UK bank intranet site, and am fortunate enough to have a colleague who is colour blind. I have learn't from him that solid background colours are essential with highly contrasting colours for text. Ie, black background and white text(as seeon on most TV credits etc) is best. White Background and Black text also works, but after a while the intensity of White can cause eye strain. Most of the other posts have consentrated on the time to load etc, and I will not add anything further to those comments. I will however include this link which takes you to a page on my Band's website which uses a freely available calander - which I think is quite useful. If you need to find it, I got it from Javascriptboutique.com

MatrixBand Web Page

Good luck

Colin