Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

The visitor can select other months.
    Javascript Calendar

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I'm at work and I can't open either of the links you guys provided!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Are they both valid links?? If so then it must be this machine, though the browser is IE 6.0 which I assume it came with all the proper plug ins and libraries!

Thanks much

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS: Built a new button bar this morning, looks really great, Maya liked it!! Only 40KB's for the entire thing, minus the text!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi Richard

I too cannot open Dale's link, but I have double checked my link and it is in fine shape. Also, I said that I got the routine from Javascriptboutique.com whereas in fact the address is Javaboutique.com

Regards

Colin

I will attach the calendar below.

BTW, Did you know that you can use an HTML file as your background(wallpaper) on Windows 98?

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ummmm, Colin Javascriptboutique.com is also a link that I think is dead, try putting it into your browser, takes you to a page that say "Sorry, we can't find that page" or something like that. If you have the HTML script then I would really appreciate it as well!!

Thanks again!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I have made a few changes in the calendar that you posted for me (january, february and march are all capitalized now to go nicely with the rest of the capitalized date names) and I have changed the color of the highlighted 'day of the month' to a green highlight and a black font but I was wondering if it's possible to make that daily number bold somehow??

I looked over the HTML and I'm not seeing where I should insert the or if I should do it differently.

I like the looks of the calendar allot and I love that you can change the months and years, ect... perfect.

Thanks much!

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

This calendar is written entirely in Javascript, and therefore HTML tags cannot be used to make any charachters bold.

Add this to the code: colum_name.style.fontWeight= "bold";

Add it to line 93, so it should read:

if ((now.getDate() == c)&&(show_date.getMonth() == now.getMonth())&&(show_date.getYear() == now.getYear())) {colum_name.style.backgroundColor = "blue";colum_name.style.color = "white"; colum_name.style.fontWeight= "bold";};

Email me if you have any problems adding this code.

- Lewis Carroll

thanks muchly!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS: Java seems easier in some ways to write than HTML, maybe not but to my newbie eyes it just reads better and displays better!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I played with the file a bit and here's what I came up with. I would still like to make the numeral fonts a little darker but I'm not sure where that is on the lines. You have to remember I've got vision problems so if not bolded out then at least darker fonts would be better. I added a border of the same color and then put a darker line around it. Changed much of the color scheme itself and the highlight color is more to my liking as well! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I know, I'm silly but I'm learning too!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I downloaded your version and will check it out when I get the chance.

Java is programming language developed by Sun Microsystems.

Javascript is a scripting language developed by Netscape for the web. They called it "Javascript" in an attempt to cash in on the name "Java," which was all the rage and brand new at the time.

Javascript has absolutely nothing to do with Java.

- Lewis Carroll