Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

In the Talkgraphics.com '3d Graphics' forum there is a poster named 'RJ Swift' who is very interested in the graphics style used on the cover art of many hip-hop/rap cd's. In his thread many have suggested Xara X as good software for designing cd cover art.

I thought it might be fun to post a challenge. The idea is to design a hypothetical cd cover - using yourself as the recording artist. You don't have to use your pic if you don't want. Please don't post anything using actual band logos etc. - make up your own and have fun!

My quick example hopefully expresses the idea adequately. Please rise to the challenge and post your own imaginary cd cover...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alteredstates.jpg 
Views:	750 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	16300  

HERE. (This thread is getting to bandwidth intensive so I've started a 'continuing' thread).

Regards, Ross

Hi, Soquili,

Country Jazz???? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Like the hat, did you create that??

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My kind of cover......

Rgds
    Paul

Name:	CDCover.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	3885  

A bit of this and a bit of that.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Name:	retronova.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	8997  

Risto.........fraud?? Me?? A Wolff never lies about such things [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] No pictures to back up your claim??? Poor baby. Sorry dude, I do, lots and lots of them!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Covers:

Ross: You are one strange dude. I would love to talk to you some time and see what makes you tick. What an imagination (re: previous posts too) Don't get me wrong, talented as all get out, but strange none the less. It's OK, strange is good in my book [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Danny: I might have known you were behind the design of Asher's music cover. Right on and even if it's not ALL Xara, it's still KOOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Gary: What can I say, it's strange, but many covers these days are like a kaleidoscope of images and colors. Very nice. Is that you lurking in there??

Soquili: Nice moody cover. You must be into modern jazz. Reminds me of a meditation CD cover. I like it!!!

RAMWolff: OOPS that's me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Risto: Love your cover. Tango and Jazz all the way.

Quaker: Ah, we have a lover at heart here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Sweet and nice and soft. Makes ya want to snuggle. Ummm, don't take that personally [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

pcoleman: HMMM. Nice and colorful. Acid trip dude?? Kidding. Actually it reminds me of a CD that I own called "Freaky Chakra". Most interesting "music"

RJ Swift: Can you say S A T A N ??? (Church Lady)
    Actually I think it's DA Bomb! Quite creative. Don't put your self down about the quality of the composition. The only thing I see is the spelling of Rhyme (rhime), but that may be on purpose.

Nice bunch of covers people. Keep it up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Ross - I like the filaments flowing through your image. Are the balls a tribute to "Sing-a-long with Mitch" from the 1960s? Follow the bouncing ball ;-)

Danny - a very impressive CD cover.

Gary - is your photo from the days when you still had your guitar?

Soquili

Name:	cdcover2.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	4514  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

... entries guys!

Ross - I love your shimmering eyes! They make me feel all tingly inside! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Danny - Fantastic image! What was your friend doing next to those power-lines in a thunderstorm?!

Gary - I can tell from the faint background image that the album cover is from your younger days!

I would buy a Album by the Crystal Balzak - from the name alone! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

My point about not using real bands and logos only related to copyright issues. If it is your own band I doubt there could be any problem. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I still haven't figured out which guy in Asher you are. There are two guys with much hair...

Regards, Ross

Here's something that I did. I know it's GRADE SCHOOL compared to you guys. Don't be too hard on me please. I know it's not good but I'm addicted to this stuff. I'm even making more as we speak. I'll show you soon. Thanks.

Name:	RHIME_STORIEZ_GIF2copy.gif 
Views:	337 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	1935