Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can anyone help?

No idea what has happened but everytime I try and open a .jpg or .tif file (except these types of files that were actually created from xara) I am getting error messages, like

"no filters that were designed for this type of file have been found. The import will continue using the most compatible filer, although the image may not appear as intended" > JPEG file contains unsupported features"

Never used to have this problem and its driving me round the bend as I can't get of the images I need into xara.

Help!

Mags

Can anyone help?

No idea what has happened but everytime I try and open a .jpg or .tif file (except these types of files that were actually created from xara) I am getting error messages, like

"no filters that were designed for this type of file have been found. The import will continue using the most compatible filer, although the image may not appear as intended" > JPEG file contains unsupported features"

Never used to have this problem and its driving me round the bend as I can't get of the images I need into xara.

Help!

Mags

Mags,

I guess you are trying to import TIF with transparency or with layers or compression.

Something similar with JPG, but with JPG it might be some unsupported compressions or somethind else.

Try to re-save these files from Photoshop, just to play with setting - it won't take many time.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Hi Mags

If you still have no luck, try posting one of the jpg's your having problems with here, and we'll see if it's just you or a common fault.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You're opening JPG's which probably are exported from Illustrator or Photoshop in CMYK mode. Xara won't recognize them, but might open them correctly.

Also, sometimes, Xara is getting confused by header information like EXIF or IPTC data (brought in from camera's or browserprograms like XnView, Thumbsplus or other software)

You might open it in XnView (download a free (as in free beer) copy from http://www.xnview.com) and convert it to plain RGB.

Yep. Probably CMYK files like Michael points out.

Even if Xara can open the file (usually not) the color will not look right. Best to convert to RGB then import.

Gary

I have gotten that message many times, but the jpg opens just fine. I think it is the exif data causing the error message for mine tho.

Thanks everyone - maybe I have had them in CMYK mode in photoshop, will go and check.

They definfately are just plain images, no transparancies, compressions or anything...wierd thing is, I never used to have this problem.

Will report back soon!

Brainstorm alert! - just as I pressed the "post now" button - you are right - they would be CMYK as the images that I am trying to open in xara I originally used in a flyer for the client that got commercially printed and were in CMYK!

You guys are great! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks again!