Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: X2 progress

Ross, Ollie Cornes -- the original author of Xara's excellent Help -- left the company about five years ago. Whether he was in discgrace or not I do not know, but I miss Ollie at Xara, as he was an excellent support and feedback guy, too. I exchanged hundreds of emails with Ollie.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I was of course just kidding about Olly. I do hope he is doing okay and wish him "all the best".

Regards, Ross

Man that was like more than ten years ago - me too - where ever this dude is I wish him well because of getting me started with Xara - thanks for the good info Klaus

Hello everybody!
    Don't know if this problem was discussed, but I think a Print Preview option would do in the new X2 version, don't you think?
    I do need something like it.
    Bye to all and LONG LIVE XARA X!

Hmm -- not sure what a print preview would show you that you don't already see by just looking at your drawing? Xara has always been 100% WYSIWYG, even before they were called "Xara"... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Anton

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

If your printing full color with defaults & no seperation then Xara works great. The moment you need to go further that's when the limitations become apparent.

I think what Vlad is talking about is CMYK print preview of each plate so one can see if a seperation will work without having to print test pages. If your working in spot colors it can use alot of paper.

BTW Anton, what you see on screen it not what you get printed. Overprinting or lack of it at times + the conflict between RGB & CMYK drawing tools cause many a print problem. I deal with this every day in Xara.

Some of which could be solved if print angles could be added to the Print Options Custom Mode without forcing one to go CMYK for screen angles. By forcing CMYK for screen angles, RGB effects end up printing on just about every plate, regardless of the color. Overprint of colors gets lost as well (for the most part).

Print Option Upgrades are needed specifically regarding RGB & CMYK drawing tools in the print space.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

That's great news!!!

May I suggest a strong API for automation to create graphics, and also EXPORT graphics from an outside source as well as give it my own names and for the the Xara file to remember the current file export name to used again on web pages.

Fireworks has OK, so-so, 3rd party API support

The web deals with lots of graphics, buttons, so creating, saving, exporting with the "correct and MY OWN desired file names or existing file names" is important.

I hope you fix the customization of toolbars as well as you already know by now it's more of a puzzle to figure out to do a customize a toolbar chan

hey rh,

did you try the name galery?
    you can name and change export settings for areas of your file there. you press export then and xara writes the eg 10 areas with 10 assigned settings (file format, color depth etc) to disk.

FLy

Yes, kinda, I was directed to tutorial, but still the amount of work to accomplish this is still tedious.

NEvertheless, this is complete different suggestion. I want to control the whole naming process pragmatically via data from an outside source.

Also the name gallery is really awkward for some things. I really want a slice like in Fireworks that is a like a mini screenshot of the button I want to make. Note custom buttons, tabs, etc are many times composed of several shapes or objects; thus the name things is not really suited for this.

Make sense?

Originally posted by FLySOLO:
    hey rh,

did you try the name galery?
    you can name and change export settings for areas of your file there. you press export then and xara writes the eg 10 areas with 10 assigned settings (file format, color depth etc) to disk.

FLy

that does indeed make sense - that`s why i use xara for the design and fireworks for the slicing and code generation and aliases stuff :b

FLy