Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X2 progress

I'm sure people are interested in what's happening to Xara X2.

We are working on it. X2 has involved some core internal re-design work to improve the internal architecture, and to implement a plug-in framework for filters. The downside is that this takes time. The upside is that we have a better design that makes it easier for us to add new features and third parties to add new filters such as PDF. The fact that we're thinking medium to long term this way (instead of just adding lots of easy quick improvements) shows our dedication to the product. It is all part of our plan of opening up Xara X to allow more outside involvement, which in the end will increase the rate of change and improvement.

One of Xara's great strengths is its internal clean design, which is reflected in its simple UI and speed. Most will agree these are the most important Xara X benefits.

I can't give a precise date for X2 yet, but it is actively being worked on and it will be a worthwhile upgrade.

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the information. It is good to know that the worlds greatest vector graphics program is being updated.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Super news, especially the bit about PDF's.
    Thanks Charles
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks for the update Charles. I'm sure everyone here will appreciate being informed of the current situation.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Charles,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to update us on X2. We are all waiting anxiously for its release.
    Zee

Great news!

The plug-in support and PDF support would be great additons. And of course I look forward to the next encarnation of XPE.

Gary

I can't give a precise date for X2 yet, but it is actively being worked on and it will be a worthwhile upgrade.

How about an imprecise date, like 2nd half 2005 or 1st half 2006? ;-)

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Funny Steve, no use getting our hopes up. Release dates can slip by 6 months to a year or more. At least they are working on it & that is the main thing. It seem like Xara has become a priority now. Awesome!

Sounds like this is a substantial upgrade too. It's great news indeed. Take as much time as you guys need. If Speed & stability are focal points, everything else will build nicely from a foundation like that.

With X3d generating funds for X.Ltd, it's good to see the flag ship getting a much need retro fit. She's been moving along slowly & (but at least stealily) for a while now. Up'ing the ante eh?

Thanks for the update Charles.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Good news Charles.

There's a credit card here waiting to be charged for the upgrade http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif