Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: line brushes

I figured it was a bit much to expect a vector program, even Xara, to be able to reproduce the effect of ink-brush style line work. I tried to create my own the way Availor suggests, but couldnt get a satisfactory result.
    I'll check expression out though! Cheers.

kananga,

Depending on what you want to see in terms of lines, there are ways improvise in Xara X.

You seem to have experimented a bit already... How about if you overlay 2 or 3 sets of lines to get closer to what you are after? Varying your own (or existing brushes.)?

You can also experiment with transparency, feathering, changing line direction, and misalignining (nudging) out of place, a layer of lines.

If you are patient (and depending on your look) you could also draw the lines as shapes.

I'm not sure if this will help you get what you are after, but at least it might get you something to play with.

Actually you can create a pattern. Ivan is the brush miester, you can see his tips about bitmap brushes.

You can create two brushes like Ive suggested before, draw a line using the first brush, clone it and apply second one. Adding randomness will seem like color drifts or ink splatter.

LogoVend, as grumpy as he is, can draw pretty well, and gave a very good tutorial regarding spray brush, I can't seem to find his thread though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush_tip.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	1400