Turan,

sorry that I start a new thread here, but infopop didn't present a reply page - they appear to have some trouble today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Could you give me a bit more help with the settings?

My attepmts just don't seem to look like yours?

Turan

Here is what I'm playing with - I'll be happy to get a thread with gaps :-) for starters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the option 'parallel movement', and make sure that the center of your triangle is exactly at the lower end of the helix.

Just remember another approach:

your triangle should be placed on the yz plane as yours in your screenshot. Coordinates 0,0,0. Now move it to the position i.e. x + 300 -> to the right. OK, now select the axis tool and move the axis coords to 0,0,0. Then turn back the axis angles to 0,0,0 (just in case you have turned it sideways). Next step: add a srew-object or revolving object (I don't know how C4D named this function in English), enter a hight of i.e. 1000, steps 240 (the more steps the smoother the final object), twist or turn 3600 (-> = 10 turns at 360 degrees), scaling 1. Apply. Bingo.

To cut the long story short: I restarted my old Laptop and discovered that I have a v5 installed there, and I post the file here.

BTW, the sample from Mike has been done with v7 - this is a feature hard to accomplish with v5. In addition the turns are not exact, and the surface tends to rip open.

Let me know if this works for you.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
designer
http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
----------//--