Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

From time to time the font in the object properties boxes distorts vertically. I've not identified any common situation or action which makes it happen, and I can only clear it by rebooting windows, which suggests that it is a Windows problem. Any ideas on either how to stop it happening or how to rectify it without rebooting?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#FF0000">robings
    </font>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combined.png 
Views:	474 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	6497  

From time to time the font in the object properties boxes distorts vertically. I've not identified any common situation or action which makes it happen, and I can only clear it by rebooting windows, which suggests that it is a Windows problem. Any ideas on either how to stop it happening or how to rectify it without rebooting?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#FF0000">robings
    </font>

Uninstall and re-install XaraFont. The font file is should be in your application folder.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

Mark

Are you talking about the Xara Studio font? If you are, the install program put it in my Windows Font directory not the XaraX program directory. So far I've had no problems and I hope I don't get any but in all my workings in XaraX so far - no problems.

If 'robings' tries reinstalling, I suspect he will still finish up with the font in the Windows Font directory simply because that is where the install program puts it.

If the font is supposed to be in the XaraX program directory may I respectfully suggest the install program is sorted out so it places the font in the correct location!

Respectfully
    Tracey

I only have the "demo download" of Xara X, but I have seen the exact same thing. The text is almost unreadable in the frames gallery (and other galleries) when this happens. Rebooting Windows fixes it, but it seems to be a bug. Using v1.0c, Windows 98 SE.

Brett

Sometime I get the same but only when I'm on the Internet and working on Xara X.

I had this effect all the time. Rebooting did also help in my case.

Now that you are talking about it, it occured to me that it is gone since I use Windows2000 ...

Wolfgang

The xara font ( which is a file called xarafont.fon and whose name in the font folder is XaraStudio ) is installed in the fonts folder AND in the application folder. This is done so that the user can resolve any installation problems simply by uninstalling it (if present and somehow not working ) and then re-installing it, by dragging the file in explorer from the application folder into the font folder.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd