Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I agree with John, who agrees with Wolfgang (9 & 10) and for the same reasons. Second picks are 1 & 2.

I like a lot 6 (the central part coud be very easily recognized) and 10.

Nice serie, Gary!
    ivan

Be altruist, re-invent the Rose.

I like #10 but only the icon, the lettering could be made somehow better. Something like in #7 maybe?

3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 are t0o soft and do not necessarily indicate "a hard line" approach (if that's really what was meant in the synopsis. 1 is Ok'ish.

I think 2 or 9 would work best, but not with such soft colors. I lean toward 9 or a variation (see Wolfgang's post). I think two colors would be preferable.

Also, 2 or 9 would work even down to a 16pix icon format.

I like number four...

Joel

I like them all...No 10 is first choice.

#1 and #11 are simple, elegant, slick and memorable.

If the client didn't realize the excellence of these, then I guess he doesn't deserve them! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

When I create good logos that client's don't "get," I either use them myself, or put them on a page that says "available logos"
    http://www.will-harris.com/design/available.html

Clients are a vital part of the process, and they have to give you direction, then be open to new ideas.

http://www.metropolismag.com Metropolis magazine has an excellent issue this month about how vital smart clients are to good design.

I've written a piece for clients about working with designers, which you can read here:
    http://www.will-harris.com/design/wo...designers.html

no 11. clean, straightforwards, easy to remember.

juergen

How much rides on that one word "hard"!

And since the letter is "S" is smooth and curvy, that immediately counteracts the 'hard approach'.

I really like no. 10. But it is a soft, curvy, smooth-flowing design ... and the colours are quite placid; possibly not what your client expects.

I'm intrigued by no. 14. I didn't like it at first - but the longer I look at it, the more I appreciate it. The lines are clear and angular, shape well-defined, colours bold but not too overwhelming.

Personally, I'm also a big fan of text-only logos (nos. 4 & 11). But that really needs input from the client - whether they prefer text over image or want a combination.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

2, 4, 14 are my choices. They are simple, bold, clean,no nonsense yet interesting enough to catch the eye
    Tony
    Tony