Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have a client who has asked me to design a logo for his technology consulting business that
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ...portrays a hard business approach to technology <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please have a look at Stemp Systems Group Logo Designs and tell me if any of these designs match this criteria.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on January 10, 2002 at 10:15.]

I have a client who has asked me to design a logo for his technology consulting business that
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ...portrays a hard business approach to technology <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please have a look at Stemp Systems Group Logo Designs and tell me if any of these designs match this criteria.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Jumped into the Logo-business big time ??

My favourites are 9 (but with different colors*) and 10.

In my opinion, 8 and 13 are definitely NOT what you want (the client wants ..).

14 is nice too, but reminds me of Suzuki ...

Wolfgang

* maybe something like this. You may say it's boring, but if it's technology, it's blue and grey for me ...

[This message was edited by Wolfgang on January 10, 2002 at 07:59.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stemp_bw.gif 
Views:	496 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	6654  

Is my pick. very business-like and confident.

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

when you say "hard business approach" do you mean...

1. he solves hard problems
    2. he is very persistent about his consulting
    3. he specializes in certain businesses

??
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Number 1
    --------

I find this one versatile, cool and memorable. You can read all kinds of things in to it. It looks high-tech, futuristic and a little bit dangerous. It is also very versatile, it would work in any color combinations an in any media.

Number 10
    ---------

This one is also easy to remember and you can do all kinds of things with it but I also don't find the colors "techie" enough. Combined with the type from #11 would make it my favourite, I think. I'm not sure which colors would please me, though&hellip;

Number 11
    ---------
    This one is simple and clear. There is no doubt what it is all about. The word "Stemp" in itself is easy to remember. I think you could replace all aggressive/high-energy words in the English language with the word "STEMP!"

Number 2
    --------

Same as a #1 but a more simple and clean approach, I think it works great too.

I think I'm starting to know what it feels like to be a customer and having too many choices... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I agree with Wolfgang's color interpretation of 9 and 10.

Number 10 has a definite advantage in that the "S" portion of the logo (WITHOUT the text) can also be easily reduced in size and used as "stamp" or "icon" on their product, clothing, or in a web page and still be recognized as the brand for the company.

Good comments re: the colors I have used. They might need some serious desaturation. :-)

I am going to ask my client to review your comments at the end of the day and would like to have as many opinions as possible for Morris to review.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

#6 is eyecatching but very buisness like!!

I agree with Wolfgang, I like #9 and #10, though similar they are different enough to give a client a chance to have a choice of a variation. There have been times when we all look at something and say "if it had this or that it would be perfect". You have this going on here. I also agree that the colors for all 3 should be desaturated or changed.

Plus, what is it they want to convey on their site? "A hard buisness approach" is so varied with each persons interpretation of that sort of statement. Are they looking for metalics, grey colors, bold fonts, colorful.........? You know what I mean Gary. Sure, you design the logo, but are you hitting the nail on the head?? Ask them more questions. Show then what you have, then ask these sort of questions and they will probably have more of an idea, or maybe they will like something already on the selection list.

Good Fortune to You!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I like 4, 6, and 10.

Simple, no nonsense, lets get down to business.
    The fill gives some movement which to me leads to innovation in thought, technology.

I like this one alot, very solid, but maybe would be better for a physical product...can see it stamped on something.

This one, with the right marketing, could become a very nice "bug" for name/product recognition.

Gary, this is a very good excersize for us. I hope it's helpful to your client.

Mickie