Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

How do I make a hole in a shape in Webster? Say, I want to make a donut shape, and see the other underlying figures through the center. If I mangle a shape sometimes it recurves on itself and doesn't draw (similar to the "reverse direction of contour" function of drawing .ttf glyphs) but I can't find anything simple that will do this...?

How do I make a hole in a shape in Webster? Say, I want to make a donut shape, and see the other underlying figures through the center. If I mangle a shape sometimes it recurves on itself and doesn't draw (similar to the "reverse direction of contour" function of drawing .ttf glyphs) but I can't find anything simple that will do this...?

which I think it is, make two circles, select both, and from the Arrange menu, select either Join Shapes or Combine Shapes... Subtract Shapes.

This work?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Ahh yes! It's combine shapes->subtract shapes. Thanks so much! I figured there was a way to do it, but didn't know what Xara called it.

Hi ,
    another way to make a ring in XaraX is to make a circle without fill , and increase the outline thickness to reach the wanted ring size.

After this from the "arrange" menĂ¹ just convert line to shape and you are done!

(I don't know if in webster you can do this , but I think "yes")