Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Everyone,

Work has kept me busy lately so I've only been able to pop in from time to time. No time to play with Xara much either.

I took today off from work, so I thought I'd make a collection of colours. I recall someone asking about how to get a brown; and I wanted to make something to share with everyone. The attached .xar file consists of many rectangles filled with some rgb values I discovered in one of the include file with POV-Ray (a freeware 3D ray tracing program). They have all been named, so they also appear in the colour bar and the colour gallery.

Hope it is of some help to someone.

Soquili
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Everyone,

Work has kept me busy lately so I've only been able to pop in from time to time. No time to play with Xara much either.

I took today off from work, so I thought I'd make a collection of colours. I recall someone asking about how to get a brown; and I wanted to make something to share with everyone. The attached .xar file consists of many rectangles filled with some rgb values I discovered in one of the include file with POV-Ray (a freeware 3D ray tracing program). They have all been named, so they also appear in the colour bar and the colour gallery.

Hope it is of some help to someone.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Oooops forgot to include a pic to show some of the colours. The pic is compressed a great deal.

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	named-colours2.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	9352  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for making the .xar file available. Looks like some handy colors. Now if I can figure out how to put them in the color gallery if that is even where they should be.

Mike

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=6141984725

Hi Mike,

You can use the Edit > Select All and delete the rectangles. The named colours will remain. Then use the File > Save Template. When you want to use the colours, use the File > New menu and select the template you save. All the Colours will be in the template.

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	8651  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

There are two ways to intergrate this wonderful palette into Xara.

One way is to place a copy of the .xar file right into the Templates folder in Programs/Xara/XaraX/Templates folder then simply choose that from the NEW folder and then reduce that and create a NEW project and you will have that palette available to you to use.

Another way is to use XPal, you can get it here: Brian Etheringtons XPal and create a .pal palette and drop that into the Program Files/Xara/XaraX/Palettes folder and then invoke Xara and you will see them in the color palette along the bottom of the work area. Which to me is easier. I don't think the names remain but the colors are available. Brian has also created another useful tool called XColor. I haven't played with it too much but it's well liked. It was confusing to me so I just left it be untill I have the time to figure it out. I LOVE XPal and use it frequently.

Have Fun Mike!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

HEY, that's neat. SEE, I'm still learning!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Much better than the first suggestion that I posted, though I still love my XPal!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I had a little time early this morning so I went looking in the Xara help file and found a way to put the color chart into the Color Gallery. I deleted all of the lines and text in Soquili's .xar file, then selected all and exported as a .tiff. Started Elements and opened the .tiff file, then followed the directions in the Xara help file and saved the new file as Soquili.pal. Then found this new file and dragged it to the Palettes folder in Xara.I now have a folder there called Soquili color library. Hope you don't mind me using the your name Soquili.
    I do like the idea of having the template available also. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks again.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I don't mind you using my name, actually I'm honoured.

I'm toying around with the idea of making a similar .xar with the names of most of the common oil and acrylic colours. Don't know how long it would take me to get the rgb or hsv values though. I haven't used either medium for years, so they aren't readily available without making a trip to Nashville.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update