Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi, I've been looking through people's work in the Xara Gallery and quite frankly I've been astounded by it all; awsome stuff. I was really hoping that someone might be willing to come up with a little illustration for a tattoo I am hoping to get.

I've no idea what I want the illustration to be, just a very powerful image to go along with the caption "Please don't cry, never say die!".

I'd be very thankful if anyone would be kind enough to have a shot,

Cheers,
    Jonny.

Hi, I've been looking through people's work in the Xara Gallery and quite frankly I've been astounded by it all; awsome stuff. I was really hoping that someone might be willing to come up with a little illustration for a tattoo I am hoping to get.

I've no idea what I want the illustration to be, just a very powerful image to go along with the caption "Please don't cry, never say die!".

I'd be very thankful if anyone would be kind enough to have a shot,

Cheers,
    Jonny.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

sure - just place your order by fax and deposit US$ 1.000 as a downpayment. On delivery make sure to deposit the another US$ 1.000 and I'll be happy to send you the password to open the final file.

BTW, I guess every other members in this forum would be happy to serve you as well - you might have noticed that we don't design just for fun but to make a living out of it.

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Why don't you do the design yourself and if you need any help or have questions then ask away. But to design it for you from start to finish?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I Don't Think So!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Jonny,

The thing about tattoos is the artist never runs out of canvas, the collectors do. As a former tattoo artist I can tell you I have enough for both of us! I realized before I stopped getting tattooed several years ago that if I continued, I would eventually only have one. The resale value on them is atrocious! You can't give them away!

Also, thoughts, feelings, and beliefs change. Stay away from names and words if you persist.

There, I'm done and I didn't say a word about Jesus!

Dave

www.cowlesworld.com
    Dave Cowles

www.CowlesDesign.com
    Spartanburg, SC

Jens, $2? Sounds like a steal to me; what's your fax number?

I hate seeing logos and stuff in this forum. It perpetuates the idea that art is free.

Art is not free. Time is not free. Design is not free. When people's parents say, "You can't make money doing art", it's because people don't expect to pay for it.

Would you say to a doctor, "Say, I've got this little malignant tumor, if you have time this afternoon, could you remove it for me?"

Or would you say to a plumber, "My toilet is leaking all over the house. My carpet is ruined. Since you're not doing anything at the moment, why don't you come over and help me out."

Screw that noise. I tired competing against artists who undercut other artists. I'm tired of cheap ass clients who take forever to pay.

I think as artists we should teach students to grow some balls and get what they fairly deserve for their work and ABSOLUTELY STOP DOING ARTWORK FOR NOTHING.

EvilGarlicNaanBread go design your own tattoo. If you don't like it, you have no one else to blame but yourself. Even if someone were to take you up on doing it for free, and the tattoo sucks after you have it done YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.comYOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR
    Sheff
    My Site

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

5 thumbs up for your post. If you don't mind I print and fax part of it to some of my customers. Thanks a ton for your open minded and direct words!

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

But I don't mind if someone with plenty of free time does such job for fun ;-). It's his life I wouldn't blame him.

Jens and Sheff, I'm with you all the way! The gall of some people.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")