Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I upgraded to Poser 5 (about $200 U.S.) and am VERY happy with the results! It has finally grown up from an application that generates plastic-looking women with huge boobs to a face and body modeling and rendering engine, with emphasis on expressive faces! The plusses for anyone interested are:

• A face modeling "room" where you can stretch a bitmap face and then base the polygon geometry upon your distortions.
    •A facility for entering your own image to let's say, create a Poser of yourself!
    • Work with clothing materials, as both preset 3D thingys with displacement mapping and reflection and shadow mapping, and as dynamic clothing that can do collishion detection in animations. Imafine flowing clothing.
    • It's really not a "preset factory" anymore. It's at least as diverse as Bryce, and there's a lot more hands-on controls.

• A new rendering engine that positively drags a 2.3 gHz Pentium with half a gig of RAM to its knees...

The Mac edition is not out yet.

As my "acid test" for intuitive applications goes, I got results within an hour and did not read the documentation.

My Best,
    Gary David Bouton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poser5.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	17558  

I upgraded to Poser 5 (about $200 U.S.) and am VERY happy with the results! It has finally grown up from an application that generates plastic-looking women with huge boobs to a face and body modeling and rendering engine, with emphasis on expressive faces! The plusses for anyone interested are:

• A face modeling "room" where you can stretch a bitmap face and then base the polygon geometry upon your distortions.
    •A facility for entering your own image to let's say, create a Poser of yourself!
    • Work with clothing materials, as both preset 3D thingys with displacement mapping and reflection and shadow mapping, and as dynamic clothing that can do collishion detection in animations. Imafine flowing clothing.
    • It's really not a "preset factory" anymore. It's at least as diverse as Bryce, and there's a lot more hands-on controls.

• A new rendering engine that positively drags a 2.3 gHz Pentium with half a gig of RAM to its knees...

The Mac edition is not out yet.

As my "acid test" for intuitive applications goes, I got results within an hour and did not read the documentation.

My Best,
    Gary David Bouton

Looks sweet! Gary, nice to see you back, how've u been!?

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Ya baby!
    This app looks awsome now man!
    The photographic texturing is gonna make this a very worthwhile model makin' machine now.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"