Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I created a seamless tile using Judi's technique and a piece of Xara clipart.

I then tried a brush created from the tile by filling an ellipse with the tile and adding an elliptical transparency, with the results shown below - If the brush fill is left as tiled you can actually draw with the tile, the pattern continuing seamlessly. Take the tiling off and you get other very attractive results.

Christine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawing_with_seamless_tiles.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	13945  
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

I created a seamless tile using Judi's technique and a piece of Xara clipart.

I then tried a brush created from the tile by filling an ellipse with the tile and adding an elliptical transparency, with the results shown below - If the brush fill is left as tiled you can actually draw with the tile, the pattern continuing seamlessly. Take the tiling off and you get other very attractive results.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

If you select several objects and group them, and apply your pattern as a bitmap fill, you will get the same effect across the group. i.e. the group acts as a single object. Ungrouped, they act individually. Even if there is separation between the objects, the bitmap replecates seamlessly. Rich

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

That's neat Christine. I like the non tiled effect.

Okay, this was done with the direction of my 4 year old grandaughter, Elizabeth.

I made a brush out of the bubble pattern and she said oh! that's going to be an elephant.When I made a stroke applying tile fills she told me he was taking a bubble bath.

Judi and Elizabeth

My Stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elephant.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	5078